CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING

Draco's POV

It had been a few minutes after Potter left. I drew the lines and columns on the parchment. Placing down the quill, I stared at the paper.

I thought this would be easy. But it was a bit more complicated than I had anticipated. And frankly, I was not in the mood to use my brain. I stared at the parchment for a few more minutes, willing my brain to function.

"Hello!" a girly voice echoed around the room. "What are you doing?"

Huh? I snapped my head up, almost jumping out of my skin when I saw Astoria.

"Hey," I muttered, calming my racing heart. "How'd you know I was here?"

"You told me you would be in here," Astoria grinned.

Right! Why am I so dumb sometimes?

"This looks quite sophisticated," she said, stepping closer and taking note of the surroundings.

"It appears so," I replied.

"Are you alone here? Where's Harry?"

"He left for his DADA class," I answered, watching her as she looked around.

"What are you working on?" She moved closer, her flowery-sweet scent floating over as she did so.

"Just some Potion stuff," I noncommittally replied, gesturing towards the parchment on the table.

"Is that like your homework?" Astoria chuckled.

She sat beside me, glancing over my shoulder to see the parchment.

"You can call it that," I shrugged.

"I didn't know candidates get homework," she smiled, her eyes studying the parchment. "So, what exactly are you expected to write here?"

I explained, lowering my voice due to our proximity, "Sluggy needs us to plan all the future lessons for him. And also write the details of the previous classes."

"That sounds too much work," she said. "Do you have a format to work with?"

"Potter and I have come up with this," I said as I pulled out a sheet. "We are making columns to add dates, class time, the potion taught during that class, and the ingredients used. Apparently, we are expected to do this for both the sixth and seventh year."

"And how long until you have to submit this?" Astoria asked.

"A week," I replied. "Potter and I decided that if we manage to complete a certain part per day, we will be able to finish it on time."

"Sounds great," she smiled. "So, what were you doing now?"

"I was making a list of the potions we are supposed to make..." I continued explaining all the potions we were going to add and the required ingredients.

Astoria listened closely, laughing and nodding at the right places. Explaining it to her allowed me to get things on track. She helped me remember a few things we needed for potions.

I didn't realise when I began explaining in detail, forgetting she was beside me. It felt like I was teaching a lesson and required it to be flawless. So, I gave my best and explained every section in detail.

It was when I turned my head sideways for a second that I noticed Astoria staring at me rather than looking at the sheet. It made me conscious, and I instantly stopped talking.

I tilted my head, wondering why she looked at me like that. But Astoria didn't move a bit. Her lips turned into a faint grin.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, eyes locked into her wide, dark eyes.