CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE

Harry's POV 

Neville and I waited for Luna to finish picking up all the trinkets she found. I wouldn't decline that they were pretty, but dusk was starting to fall, and the temperature was dropping. We waited outside the store with our hands folded to keep warm. But the cold didn't seem to affect Luna as she was lost in finding trinkets.

"Luna," Neville finally said, "Can you hurry up?"

"Yeah, it's getting cold," I added.

"It's not that cold," she replied, "But I'm done here anyway. We can leave."

"Let's go, grab some butterbeer," Neville said, "That will make us feel warm."

"It will start to snow soon," Luna said, looking at the sky as we walked. "It's going to be even cooler then."

"Harry, are you going back to Weasleys for Christmas?" Neville asked.

As soon as he said that, Ginny's face flashed before my eyes. Hermione's words echoed in my mind. I would have to spend holidays with Gin if I went to Burrow. And there was no way she wouldn't try to kiss me. I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. But I didn't want to hurt her either.

I bit my bottom lip and said, "I'll stay here, most probably. I think Mcgonagall might need candidates for running Hogwarts."

"You really thought it over," Luna laughed.

I guessed she wanted me to explain that, but when I turned to her, she was again looking up at the sky.

"You're going to fall if you keep walking like that," I chuckled, looking at her amusedly.

"Here," Neville said, holding her arm, "I'll guide you... to assure you don't stumble upon anything."

I narrowed my eyes on Neville, giving him a look. It looked as if he blushed a little as he said that.

We soon reached Three Broomsticks, and we were hit with a wave of warmth. As soon as we entered the packed room, Seamus waved at us, beckoning us to join him in the corner. We went up to him and ordered butterbeer for us.

"Is there going to be a carnival this year?" Luna suddenly asked, making me snap my head towards her.

"Where did you get that thought?" I asked.

She pointed behind me, and I turned to see a red poster stuck on the wall. It said: 

CHRISTMAS CARNIVAL AT HOGSMEADE THIS YEAR!!!! COMMENCES ON THE FIRST WEEKEND OF THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS. THE CARNIVAL WILL BEGIN WITH THE WIZARDOUS CONCERT. TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE NOW. FOUR GALLEONS EACH!

"What is The Wizardous?" I asked.

"Don't you know?" Seamus said. "It's a music band. They're really popular these days."

"I think I have heard a few songs by them," Luna said, still gazing at the poster.

"Yeah? What's your favourite one?" Neville asked.

"I don't have a favourite," she said, her eyes wide and earnest.

"I can suggest some good ones," he replied.

"It says they will commence the carnival with a concert," I said.

"Well, I'd like to see that," Luna said dreamily, gazing at the poster.

"Let's buy the tickets then," Neville said. "Harry?"

I nodded and took out a few coins from my pocket. We placed it on the marked spot before the poster. Suddenly, with a jingle, they disappeared, and three tickets for the carnival replaced them. Neville grabbed them and distributed them among us.