CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS

//okay so before we get started on this new chapter, you should probably know that in chapter 38 I've added a new Harry and Draco POV in addition to the one that was already there. So if you haven't read those, you might get a bit confused on what is going on at the moment, so if you don't want to get confused you can read the last chapter again, if not, I'm sure you'll be fine, the title of this chapter kind of gives away what it is about

Anyways, happy reading regardless  :))//

***

Saturday, 26th September

Harry's POV

Drunk Malfoy could really be a mess. I got to know that only when I helped him walk from the Slytherin common room to our dorm. Judging from his state during the game, I had not imagined he would be able to speak at all. He could barely walk. But the second we stepped out in the hallway, Malfoy couldn't stop blabbering about illogical things.

Funnily enough, it made him look cute. The way he clung to my arm and spoke nonchalantly. And that's when my realisation took a second hit.

I have been finding Malfoy a little too cute nowadays.

I shook my head. Perhaps the little of what I had drunk was kicking in too.

"No, no, I completely agree with that—that girl... What was her name?" Malfoy asked me, squeezing his eyes shut like he was trying to remember something important.

Though I wasn't completely paying attention to whatever he was saying, I understood he was referring to, "Natalie?"

"Ah, that's right! Natalie! You're so good at remembering names," Malfoy complimented, and before I got a chance to roll my eyes, he pinched my cheek. He chuckled drunkenly to himself before continuing.

"Nat—Natalie was one hundred per cent right when she said there was no use in me playing the game," Malfoy stumbled, waggling his finger in front of him, "I don't know what I was thinking either! Of course, I knew Astoria wouldn't—wouldn't let me kiss anyone. I should have known better. And what was she doing playing the game? D—did she want to kiss someone else? But wait, she didn't, did she? She had the chance to, uh, kiss him... now...the—" He hiccuped, "the brother—?"

"Wilson?" I said, inhaling his scent when his shoulder pressed into the side of my neck.

"Right!" This time, Malfoy ruffled my already nest-like hair. "So good at remembering names," he turned to whisper to me. His nose brushed my cheek, before he turned away again. I let out a small breath and realised I was blushing.

That damn whisky!

"Astoria had the chance to kiss Wilson, but she didn't!" Malfoy continued, his words slurring. "Now, that's... that's just foolish. Why would she participate in a game without actually playing it? That's... that's just dumb. This whole party was dumb. But that's hardly surprising, isn't it?"

"I guess it isn't," I replied, trying to hold him steady when he suddenly tripped over his own feet. I couldn't be less bothered about the topic of conversation, I was more focused on getting Malfoy back to our dorm in one piece.

And also trying not to be distracted by the way his fingers kept flexing around my arm. And how his whole body was pressed into my side.

"It is, it definitely is! Astoria is pretty smart. You saw how she stopped uh... Natalie from kissing me, right?"

I nodded.

"See? She is a pretty smart girl. And it seems unusual of her to play a game with no intention of actually playing it. Or was there?" Malfoy went silent for a moment, thinking of something. "Do you think there was... was someone else she might have wanted to kiss?"