CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT

Harry's POV

The snitch was back in sight. I was soaring towards it, with the rush of adrenaline pushing me to go faster and faster. An icy blast of wind gnawing at my cheeks, a small smile formed on my lips. There was a certain element of Quidditch that was just so fun, and nothing could ever change that.

I heard another broom zooming behind me. I didn't have to turn back to know it was Malfoy.

The snitch was in my clear vision, its golden wings fluttering around, gleaming in the sunlight.

Then, suddenly, a blur of green overtook me. I blinked, and Malfoy was now ahead of me.

I should kick his broom. I thought vindictively. It would serve him right.

But I restrained myself, speeding up as much as I could. However, I knew it was too late. Malfoy managed to get closer to the snitch. It was now hovering right before him.

I slowed down, waiting for Malfoy to grab the snitch and the game to be over.

He will be so unbearable. I thought in annoyance. The poncy prat won't ever let me forget this.

But Malfoy stopped moving as well, turning to face me. He was smiling. It makes my stomach swoop with unease.

"Take the snitch," he said, grinning broadly now. He didn't attempt to grab the snitch, which fluttered around at an arm's reach.

I narrow my eyes. What is Malfoy playing at?

"Come on. Take it, Potter," he clarified, gesturing towards the ball.

I didn't hesitate this time. Malfoy was up to something. But if he was willing to lose against me. I would not drop this chance.

I rushed forward to grab the snitch, clutching the metal in my hand, the snitch's wings beating furiously to escape my grip.

The stadium erupted into roars. But I couldn't hear any of it. My eyes were fixed on Malfoy's.

No.

NO!

He was holding my journal.

Pale fingers gripping the dark plain cover.

I could hear my heart thumping wildly— disbelief numbing all my other emotions.

It must have only been a few seconds. But it happened very slowly.

Malfoy extended his arm, opened the book wide, and flung my journal up in the air.

Up and up it went.

Then... it fell.

All the pages ripped apart, dancing in the breeze as they tumbled and twirled. The pages filled with my handwriting, all my confessions, my feelings.

The silence was impossibly loud.

No. My mind screamed. My throat was tight. I couldn't say a word.

No no no no no no no no no.

The students were jumping, leaping to catch hold of the pages, and I couldn't do anything...

Draco's POV

I didn't feel pleasure.

I don't get it.

I was supposed to be happy about this. Right? This was my perfect plan of revenge.

Potter had read my inner thoughts, my weakness. I was about to do the same, but only reveal it to the entire school. I had managed to get Potter's journal from his drawer. I remember, with a squeeze, how I had felt delighted while forming my plan.