CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?

Draco's POV

Sunday morning hit me like the Knight Bus— sudden and painful.

At first, I didn't remember what I had done. It almost felt like a dream. But Potter's absence on the bed made everything clear.

I was up early, and the bed was still made. I strangely missed a curled-up Potter with messy hair. His company wasn't exactly comforting, but it was somewhat comforting to have him in the room rather than being alone. But I was not supposed to miss the presence of an enemy, so I supposed all this was for the good.

I sat up on the couch, blanket wrapped around my waist. I stretched lightly, rubbing my eyes, before I slumped back along the cushions.

I glanced around the room again to double-check that Potter really wasn't here. His anger startled me when he came on to me yesterday. I had never seen Potter so angry. It was almost demonic.

At that moment, I was reminded that Potter was the man who killed the bloody Dark Lord— and shouldn't be crossed at all, as thin and frail he looked to be. I had obviously hurt him, and it didn't delight me as it had done in previous years.

I still had that guilt lurking in me, but I didn't focus on it. It only confused me and made me pity Potter, which was the last thing I needed right now. So, I chose to ignore it. I couldn't undo my actions now. Therefore, it made no sense to pay attention to it.

I don't care about Potter.

I don't.

After a short shower and dressing in casual robes, I left my dorm. I wasn't greeted by Astoria today, which reminded me that I needed to apologise to her. I was really rude to her during our last meeting. I was asked to keep her happy. That should be my focus.

I entered the Great Hall, making my way to the candidate's table with my head low. I noticed Potter sitting between Lovegood and Longbottom at a distance from me. He had his head down as if he was trying to be invisible.

But as if he sensed me, Potter faced up, looking right into my eyes. A second later, his stare turned into a glare as he gripped the spoon tightly. I looked away, pretending not to notice him.

I wondered if he was going to get me back. He shouldn't because we were even now. He meddled in my personal stuff, and I into his. But I needed to stay alert in case he tried to do something.

Harry's POV

"You know, my mother used to say you shouldn't stop until you finish everything from your plate," I heard Luna say in her airy voice. It brought me back to the present.

I loosened my grip on the spoon and continued eating, muttering, "Sorry," without looking at her.

"Don't be," she replied cheerfully, "I understand you're angry with Malfoy, but there's nothing you can do except forget it."

Angry is an understatement.

But I took some time to digest what Luna had said. Was it true that I could do nothing? Just sit and accept defeat? He could mess up my life, and I would just let him do it.

"How do you expect me to forget it, Luna?" I faced her, "Malfoy did something tremendously unforgivable. You can't expect me to be quiet about it. I will make him pay for what he did. He will not win this."

"And will you?" Luna was surprisingly calm, given my furious face. She gave me a sweet smile.

"Yes," I said, not knowing what else to reply.

"And for how long will this continue?" she asked and, without waiting for my reply, continued, "You said Malfoy did this because you read his letter. He obviously didn't like that and got his revenge. Now, let it go. If you try to get back to him, he might do worse the next time. And this can't go on forever."