~Chapter 21

Sasuke POV

Hinata and Kakashi were far behind me when I arrived soon after Naruto. Seeing his dumbstruck face and on the edge of bursting into tears. I followed his gaze to see the problem, at that moment I knew I had to take him away before he did something irrational. I could see how distraught he was feeling, it was too soon, I grabbed ahold of him. Bringing him close to me, "wait outside the hospital" I whispered to him, I could sense he was gonna protest. "Naruto, you don't want to make a scene while Boruto is here" I warned him.

His eyes drifted to the floor as he nodded as he quietly left the building. I stared as he slowly walked down the hall, now was not the time for a reunion, not here. I did a side glance at Boruto and Sarada, seeing Boruto stare down the hall. I narrowed my eyes at him, he wants to talk to his father. I knew he did but now was not the time, we would just be putting more stress on the boy. Hinata summed everything up for me on the way here, I glanced over at Sarada seeing her perfectly fine, not a scratch on her.

I was glad, my face fell neutral as I walked away to follow Naruto as I passed Kakashi and Hinata on my way out.

Boruto POV

When did Sasuke come back to the village, I thought he was still on mission. I watched as he walked back down the hallway following my father. I could've sworn I saw him whisper something to Dad but maybe I was imagining it. But for some reason, I couldn't shake off the feelings something is wrong but before I could go after Sasuke. A shadow blocked my path before I could take my first step. I was startled but relaxed as I stared dumbly at the man, "what are you doing here, old man Kakashi" I questioned.

After all, it's not everyday people see the sixth Hokage walking around in broad daylight. "I've heard your mission didn't go exactly as planned" Kakashi muttered as he stared down at me with crossed arms. "You had us worried sick" Kakashi said but his tone of voice never changed. It was hard to read the old man, his voice unchanging and his eyes the only show of expression. But before I could speak I was being smothered, almost immediately. "We are so glad, you kids are alright" my mother whispered as she kissed my cheek and held me by her side.

Despite being completely embarrassed and losing track of my previous thoughts. I didn't pull away from my mother, she seemed different in a way. She seemed less cheerful than usual but than again, after the encounter with Urashiki. It's practically impossible to be calm knowing things could've gone a lot worse. Mitsuki, I promise if it's the last thing I do, I'll get you back. I'll go after you personally and bring you back to the Hidden Leaf, back home.

Naruto POV

"You know, it's kinda funny, it feels so nostalgic" I exclaimed as I stared up at the sky. "It's been so long..." I muttered, I didn't know what else to say. What could I say, so much was on my mind but I couldn't say anything. "Thank you, Sasuke" I whispered as I looked over at him, leaning against the wall. "I'm grateful for what you did for me, I couldn't thank you enou-" I began but got cut off. "Don't.......don't even, it was the least I could do after everything I had done...to you....and the village..." Sasuke grumbled.

"You didn't deserve to have to endure that pain, there are things that Boruto will never understand but even so, I will take full accountability for my actions..." Sasuke said mournfully. Although there were things left unsaid, it was ironic, that his eyes gave away how he truly felt. "And maybe some things are better left unsaid, you don't need to tell Boruto...I forgave you a long time ago, there's no need to tell them about our past..all they need to know is how we are now...isn't that what really matters most" I stated staring at Sasuke, lovingly. I turned to Sasuke, we faced each other at the front of the hospital. I leaned forward and Sasuke's eyes were beginning to close as he leaned even closer. Before jerking away, "what's the matter" I asked, "not here, believe it or not, you're the Hokage and I'm an ex rogue shinobi, I wouldn't want to taint your image" Sasuke whispered.

"They don't know that" I snapped back, trying pulling him back into a kiss only for him to pull away. "Naruto, not now...we'll have our time when we get back to your house" Sasuke assured me. "What does it matter, I don't care what others say about you or how people will see our relationship..if I'm gonna make this relationship work, I wanna go all the way and I don't mean with you know what, I want to be able to walk down the road holding your hand, I want to be able to kiss you on the cheek after every mission without having to worry about people staring, I want us to be together and I want us to be a family...for both Boruto and Sarada, I don't want them to hate us but even so, I can't get it out of my mind...I love-" I rambled on before a finger touched my lips gently. Sasuke smiled, staring with an amused look, "you talk too much" Sasuke muttered, chuckling quietly and before I could process it. Sasuke leaned in and our lips fit together like a perfect puzzle piece, I closed my eyes as I gripped his shoulders. Please Sasuke, don't let me go, not now..not ever.