~Chapter 6

Naruto POV

I sighed as I leaned back into my chair, "are you sure it was a good idea to give Boruto that mission" I questioned Shikamaru. "Well, they're bound to meet at some point, you know you can't protect Boruto forever, ya gonna have to tell him the truth eventually" Shikamaru stated. "But what if he can't-" I tried, "NO BUTS, Boruto can handle the truth, he isn't just some kid" Shikamaru scolded. I sighed, "I know" I groaned, "don't you think it would be best if he heard it from you, otherwise you know what could happen" Shikamaru reasoned. "He's a good kid, you and I both know that, so that's why I ask you...please..just talk to Boruto when he comes back to the Leaf" Shikamaru pleaded. I nodded, "I'll try, I just don't know if he'll even be willing to listen to what I gotta say" I muttered. Shikamaru smiled, "I'm sure he will understand as long as you're both willing to make an effort" Shikamaru replied. I nodded, "thanks Shikamaru" I thanked with a small grin.

"Have you heard anything from Sasuke yet" Shikamaru asked. "Yeah, he said that he's coming to the Leaf so he can see the twins" I answered with a soft smile. "Are you gonna talk to him about it" Shikamaru questioned. "Yeah, I will" I muttered as I turned and looked out the window. "What about Hinata..." I heard him whisper, I sighed as my smile turned into a frown instantly. "I don't know..it's just that, I don't want to hurt her feelings..she still means at lot to me, I wouldn't have kids with her if I didn't love her" I stated.

"But you still love him" Shikamaru muttered making me flinch. "Hey..it's okay, ya know, no ones blaming you for loving someone" Shikamaru said trying to comfort me. I sighed, "Boruto won't see it that way, what happened in the Fourth Great Ninja War, I can't forgive myself..." I whispered. "HEY, relax Naruto, there's no reason to beat yourself up over this" Shikamaru tried to reason. "But there is, thanks to me being so oblivious, they were born on a battlefield...they could've been hurt or worse, killed that day" I said whimpering into my hands as my eyes became watery. "NARUTO, there was literally no way you could've know" Shikamaru snapped at me, making me flinch.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry, but you need to get a hold of yourself" Shikamaru stated. "I know Sasuke and you haven't had time to talk to one another and sort out your difference as of lately...so when he comes over, I'll be clearing your schedule and I'll make sure no one will come and disturb you in the time being" Shikamaru said as he went to stand next to the door. "Shikamaru....thank you so much, you're the best, I'm grateful that your my right hand man" I thanked him as tears streamed down. But this time, they were because I was overjoyed. "It's no big deal" Shikamaru brushed off, "no really, thank you Shikamaru, you don't know how much this means to me" I said bowing down. "Please don't bow at me Naruto, you're still Hokage, ya know" Shikamaru said as he laughed.

"Ah, yeah, sorry about that" I muttered as I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck. "Sorry, it's just...I'm so excited to see Sasuke again...do you think we'll be able to actually talk to each other this time..I mean actually talk instead of talking about the Otsutsuki clan or about work" I questioned. "I hope so, Sasuke can hide it but you both have been a bit off lately" Shikamaru pointed out. I raised an eyebrow at him, "how so" I asked not sure what he meant by that. "All I'm saying is that you both have a bit of tension going on between you, ya can't beat around the bush forever, certain subject are gonna pop up eventually" Shikamaru stated as he turned the door knob to head out. "One of you needs to man up and actually...you know, talk it out" Shikamaru teased and walked out the door before I could protest.

I turned around and leaned against windowsill, "hmm...talk it out, huh" I muttered to myself. Already night time, I sighed, I guess I'm sleeping here tonight. I turned around looking at the pile of papers, I have yet to finish. I groaned as I sat in my chair and banged my head against the desk. Welp, better get started, I thought as I got back to work.