~Chapter 3

Boruto POV

"Okay hold on there a minute Boruto, we still don't know how were gonna even convince your Dad to even let us go to the Sand village" Shikadai reasoned. I held a finger to my chin as I tried to quickly think of something. After almost coming up with absolutely nothing, a light bulb lit up in my mind. "Why can't we just say we wanna visit Uncle Gaara..your related to him Shikadai and my Dad is good friends with him too" I exclaimed. "Yeah right, that would never work-" Shikadai shot down the idea. "WHAT, why not" I shouted in frustration, "well for instance, Gaara is the Kazekage so even if we asked Lord Seventh to go and visit him, there's a chance that he'll decline the request because all the Five Kage have been very busy due to the recent attacks on the Hidden Leaf" Shikadai explained.

"And that's not all, sure my mom is Gaara's sister but that doesn't mean she'd let me go, don't you think this desire to suddenly visit Gaara won't raise suspicion...especially when it comes to practically bringing our whole class..not only that, Lord Seventh might just decline the request because of the potential dangers beyond the borders of the Land of Fire" Shikadai stated. I sighed, rolling my eyes, "oh come on Shikadai, you know what they say, don't knock it till you try it..who's to say that my Dad would say no..I'll convince him to let us go" I shouted with determination. "Even if you have to beg Boruto" Sarada questioned, "even if I have to beg, I'll make him let us go one way or another..." I said crossing my arms. "And what if this stunt of yours presumably fails somehow..then what..." Denki asked, his voice laced with concern. "I'll go to the Sand village with or without his stupid permission....even if it means my Genin status gets taken away from me" I said bluntly. "Well then....we'll just not let that happen...we won't fail" Shikadai proclaimed.

I grinned widely, "well, who's coming with me" I questioned. "Well someone's gotta keep watch of you so you don't do something stupid, even if it's all gonna be a drag, you can count me in" Shikadai replied. "I'll go wherever you want to go, Boruto..we are a team afterall" Mitsuki said cheerfully. "And I'm also apart of team seven so you better don't leave me out of this" Sarada said pointedly. "I wouldn't miss this crazy family reunion for the world" Iwabee muttered with a big grin on his face. "Well, you're gonna need someone who's good at tracking so I'll come along with you, ya never know when my skills might come in handy" Denki answered.

"Well you know that I'm coming with you bestie to support both my friends" ChoCho said nonchalantly as she nibbled on a potato chip as she moved to Sarada's side. "Heh, I don't see why not" Inojin shrugged, "I'd love to go with you Boruto but team fifteen has to stay in the Leaf village, I wish I could help but...wait, I know..team fifteen could stay and keep watch on Lord Seventh to make sure he doesn't find you guys suspicious" Wasabi exclaimed. "Yeah, I agree, that sounds like a good idea" Namida whispered quietly in reply. "I'm with you all the way, Boruto" Metal exclaimed proudly with his fist in the air. Before shying away once he realized that everyone was staring at him. I chuckled proudly, "well it looks like we got ourselves a team, OPERATION FAMILY REUNION IS AGO" I shouted with pride as I grinned widely.

~Time Skip

Shikadai sighed, "I can't believe I agreed to this, uhh, this is such a drag" Shikadai complained. I rolled my eyes, "come on Shikadai, quite your complaining, all we're doing is asking my Dad if we can go visit Uncle Gaara, that's all...in and out" I reassured him. He hummed as we finally made it to the Hokage's door. I opened it, twisting the door knob, "so in all honesty, maybe it would be best if we moved them to the Leaf village" Shikamaru stated, standing in front of my Dad. "Yeah, your right, maybe that would be best but where would we even kee-...oh, Boruto, what's up..ya need something" my Dad asked as soon as he noticed my presence. I slowly inhaled and exhaled, suddenly feeling a bit of anxiety swarm my lungs.

Me and Shikadai wanted to make a request, "okay, shoot, what is it" my Dad said turning in his chair to put his full attention to me. Smiling softly, "w-well, we were wonder if you would allow me and my classmates to go to the Sand village to visit Uncle Gaara" I stated a bit nervously. "I don't know if I can do that, maybe it would be best if you visited Uncle Gaara another time..once the whole situation quiets down" my Dad said, his voice filled with concern. I bowed my head putting my hands together, "please Da-Lord Seventh, ya just gotta let us go, I'm begging you" I pleaded as I held my head low. I couldn't see the shocked expression on my father's face as I soon lifted my head. "Boruto..I-" my Dad cut himself off as Shikadai's Dad leaned over whispering something to my Dad. My Dad squinted his eyes at Shikamaru, "are you sure that's a good idea" my Dad asked, looking skeptical of Shikamaru's decision.

Shikamaru nodded silently as he glanced over to Shikadai for a moment. My Dad sighed, "fine" he muttered, my Dad stood up from his seat. "Well Boruto, you're in luck, I have a mission for you that involves you guys going to the Sand village" my Dad said cheerfully. I looked at Shikadai and smiled as he grinned back, mission successful.