~Chapter 15

3rd Person POV

Saki was quick to smack the boy over the back of his head. "OW, what was that for" the blond pouted as he covered his head for any more sudden impacts to come. "You just never know how to keep your mouth shut" Saki lectured. "Oh like you were doing any better, you wanted to tell them just as much as me" he grumbled with a glare. "That doesn't mean we just blurt out thing, Dad said-" Saki began, "who cares what Dad says, we been keeping this secret since the day we were born..don't you feel at least a little left out" the blond whispered the last part. "Haruto, Dad gave us a responsibility, you know why he has kept us secret for so long" Saki lectured but empathy was in her eyes.

"Well I'm sorry that I'd prefer to be in danger and have an actual childhood with my father than not" the blond named Haruto snapped. "Sorry..." Haruto whispered quickly after his sudden outburst. Saki sighed, "it's okay.....go cool off" Saki muttered, which Haruto quickly walked off to blow off some steam in their shared bedroom. The kids stared at the two strangers, who they barely just met. Saki sighed, "I'm sorry about my brother, he's not usually this uptight..take my deepest apologies" Saki apologized as she bowed to her escorts.

She then left the room like a ghost in the wind, without another word. There wasn't even anytime to react or even say anything about what just unfolded in front of them. There was distant chatting in the bedroom, it hard to make out anything.

Shikadai POV

I was so confused, I didn't know what to make of all this. Boruto seemed to be frozen which just made me sweat. There's something really wrong about these guys and not just because of their conversation. They're chakra auras just radiant power, it was subtle but I think everyone noticed it. When the blond kid, Haruto was his name, his chakra was practically leaking, he had so much of it. It happened when he got angry then disappeared like sand, brushing by.

It was so sudden, I'm pretty sure no one could play attention to the conversation they were having. I glanced at Boruto, he was still frozen in place, stared at the wall. I wanted to say something, anything to make him snap out of it. But he snapped out on his own when the door opened and the two came out with backpacks on there backs. Haruto was following close behind her, almost seemed like he was trying to hide behind her. "Well, what are you wanting for, wasn't it you that told us we were on a tight schedule" Saki questioned as she headed for the door.

"Ah yes, you're right, we should get going" I agreed. Boruto followed us without further complaints, matter of fact, he didn't say much of anything as we headed to the train station. We didn't do anymore sight seeing either, we were out of Sand village in the afternoon. Hoping on the train, I watch Boruto carefully on the train ride. I was worried about, after he and I have always been bestfriends. I got distracted, I allowed my emotions to get the better of me while I was on a mission.

I wasn't focused on the mission like I was suppose to be, I was sitting across from Boruto. We were keeping watch of the twins, an odd duo, almost polar opposites. They were tricky these two, one seemed extremely smart and the other extremely strong. The memory of Haruto's out bursts, played in my mind as I saw him stare out the window without a care in the world. He seemed so calm up close, it hard to believe the man could ever get so angry. But then again, looks can be deceiving, hard to say but he was almost identical to Boruto, except he was more shady.

I'm saying it just cause I just met the guy but he just seem gentle like butterfly. What's that saying, he flys like a butterfly but stings like a bee. It made sense, maybe if I was paying more close attention. I would've noticed the danger we were in sooner but I didn't, the thunder train grumbled and seemed to rattle. I stood up from my seat, using the bar as support. Glancing outside the window, my eyes widened and my heart dropped.

A huge wave of sand knocked the thunder train straight onto its side, sending most of my friends flying. Even I wasn't fully prepared for such an impact, hitting and cracking the window as I fell on it. My vision was almost blurry, I could barely hear anything but ringing. It was hard to get up, my body was shaking from the sudden impact that took place. I blinked a couple times before seeing Boruto's face come in to view. "Are you alright" Boruto asked in a whisper, I held my forehead as I sat up.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a small concussion I think" I assured him with a weak smile. I stared up at the sky through the window, yup, the thunder train has definitely been put on its side. I felt a little wobbly as I stood up, using Boruto as support as I recover my bearing. I glanced around the cart, it was dark since the light were out and we probably lost all power to the engine with that blow. "Is everyone alright" I called out, ChoCho was groaning in pain as Inojin held her in his arms. Blood dripping down her forehead, Iwabee had a large glass shard stabbed into his arm.

Denki was tending to his wounds, carefully taking out the shard as he wrapped it with his scarf. Metal only had couple scraps, holding Sarada in his arms. Most likely protected her from the impact, the twins were gone. As I looked around some more, I noticed Mitsuki was no were in sight. That when I heard it, sounded like clashing outside of the train. Someone was fighting, I attempted to move only to crumble to my knees and shake.

"Shit" I blurted out as I laid on my side, my body shaking violently. "Shikadai" Boruto gasped at my weakness body, I chuckled softly, "looks like that attack took the wind out of me" I muttered. I was so close to closing my eyes, I just felt so tired. I leaned against the use to be ceiling as I stared at Boruto blankly. "You need..you need to get too...the twins.....they need you, right now Boruto" I whispered. I could see the hesitation in his eyes, I knew he didn't want to leave my side but I also knew that he would make the right choice.

With that last thought, Boruto got up and ran out of my field of vision. I groaned in pain as lean my head back, a few seconds later. I felt something wet on my hand, I lifted it in shock. I glanced down at my shirt and blood was seeping through it, I smiled mournfully. "This is such a drag..." I laughed out but a tear zipped down my cheek.