~Chapter 25

Mitsuki POV

I quietly listened to the sound of dripping water. It was somewhat soothing in this damp cave as it was the only sound I could hear. It reminded me that I was still here and time was still passing as I waited limp against this wall. I was so weak, I could barely lift my head so I continued to stare at the floor. I don't really know how long it's been since I've been captured, maybe a few hours. It's hard to tell with no light in here, the only thing that kept reminding me that time was still moving was the dripping water.

In a way, it kinda felt like an hourglass to me, like every drop is a grain of sand. Telling me that it was only a matter of time before another one of our sessions. I'm already drained, even still my ears still perked at the echoing footsteps coming my way. I closed my eyes for moment before I prepared myself for it. The sound of a key unlocking my cuffs before my arm fell limp by my side. As he moved and unlocked the other one, my ankle still being chained to the floor.

I fell onto the cold stone floor, I didn't have the strength to stand. A tray was placed down with a sizeable steak on top, as I slowly lifted myself to sit up. I stared at him, "go on, eat up...I know you're one of Orochimaru's experiments but you need to replenish your chakra somehow, unless you wanna die when I drain you of every last drop of chakra you have left" Urashiki stated. I grabbed a hold of the dry cooked steak, biting a piece off. I didn't need to eat in my time nor did I need to drink, I'm not like other humans, I'm not like Boruto. I could feel my strength coming back bit by bit.

But it wouldn't be enough to escape, not with him around. My arms are freed but my leg is still bound to the floor, I don't need food to build my strength up. I could wait for my chakra to replenish but by then he would drain my chakra all over again. If I refuse his offer, then I'll most likely die by the time the next session came. I'd die from losing all my chakra, even this body can't take this much abuse. That's why for now, I won't make a move, I stared in the direction of the exit to the cave.

I'm going to have to count on Boruto to save me, I know he will, we're friends afterall. "That's it......it's a pity that I wasn't able to capture the other two but you'll have to do it for now, you'll be really useful after all, your chakra is actually pretty unique" Urashiki said mockingly. "Once I've stocked up enough of your chakra, we'll finally be ready for our little trip, you and I" Urashiki stated as he walked around me. "It's just a little hike between friends, I'm sure your friends are worried sick about you, I hope they'll make it in time for the show" Urashiki whispered to me. "You'll enjoy it, afterall, you are gonna be the centerpiece....all eyes will be on you, the center of attention" Urashiki exclaimed with a sickening look. All I could do was stare as I waited for my fate to catch up to me.

As I stayed, stuck in captivity, I would sometimes often wonder if it would be better if I died. That way Boruto wouldn't look for me and he wouldn't be in harms way. But another part of me wanted to live, live just see that smile once more. Just one more time, would you look my way and give me a smile. I closed my eyes, for now, I'll endure it all for your sake. To see you again, to know that you are okay, to know that my sun will not be extinguished just yet.

Boruto POV

I checked my phone as his whereabouts were confirmed. I sighed as I put my phone down, staring at the hospital building doors. This was the moment of truth, no more hiding, no more running away. This time I'll get my answers, if it's the last thing I do, I'll make you admit to every dirty secret you have. No more lies, I've had enough of those, I want you to look at me and tell me the stone cold truth.