~Chapter 1

Boruto POV

I waved back at Shikadai, Iwabee, and Denki. I was quick to run back home, well, right after I ordered a yakisoba, bun to go. On my way there, I raised an eyebrow as I saw Tayori, that mail carrier guy. He was standing in front of my house, rummaging in his bag, pulling out a letter. "Hey Tayori" I shouted at him as I ran over to his side, waving to get his attention. "Oh, Boruto, I didn't expect to see you" Tayori said a bit timidly.

I put my hand on my hips, "hey, what are you doing here in front of my house" I questioned as I soon eyed at the letter in his hand. "Oh it's nothing, I was just delivering this letter to your father, Lord Seventh" Tayori answered, grinning as he lifted up the letter for show. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "that old man is always so tired, I doubt he will even remember to check the mail" I replied as I crossed my arms. "Here, hand it over, I'll just give it to him when he gets home late again" I joked as Tayori sheepishly handed the letter over to me. Tayori let out a long sigh, "promise me you'll take good care of that, you know every mail is-" I chuckled. "Every mail delivered is extremely important to the people who receive it, I know" I proclaimed.

I grinned up at Tayori, "you can count on me, ya know" I exclaimed confidently. "Thanks Boruto...well, I better get going, I'm on a tight schedule" he explained as he turned to head off. I grinned brightly, "K, good luck on delivering your other packages" I shouted as I waved him off. I walked inside, being greeted by my mother. I greeted her with a smile as I rush up stairs and landed on the bed. I took a bite of my yakisoba bun, putting the letter on my desk. I hummed as I began playing some video games.

~Time Skip

I sighed, I put the game aside on my bed. I'm tired of this, I glanced over at my clock. 11:47, I sighed again, should've known that he wasn't coming home tonight. I grumbled in irritation as I stared at the ceiling with a blank expression. I glanced at the letter on my desk, I turned on my light then grabbed the letter. Hopping into my rolly chair, what's so important about this letter anyway.

I stared at it for a long period of time, when I noticed that it was a letter from the Sand village. I was puzzled, what does the Sand village have to do with my dad. I glanced around my room to see if anyone was around as an idea popped into my head. I mean, a small peak wouldn't hurt right, if there's one thing I know. If this is a letter from Uncle Gaara, my dad could be taken away again and he'll never come back home. I just needed to know, what this was all about.

I held my breath as I opened the envelop gently and slipped the letter out. I then carefully layed it open, not aware what exactly I was gonna discover. My eyes widen as my heart rate picked up pace as I began reading the letter.

~

Hey, it's been awhile since the last time we talked. I know you've been really busy, ya know, being the Hokage and all. I just wish that maybe, if you ever have the time. I was wondering if you could come visit me sometime. You don't have too, I don't want to cause trouble for you. I know you said I shouldn't but I really want to see you. It feels so long since the last time I've seen you. So that's why I'm asking, would you please let me come to the Hidden Leaf. I promise, I won't cause any problems or any issues for you. I just really miss you and I hope that I could see you again. Ya know I love you Dad, please, don't forget me.

Sincerely, your son

~

My hands began to tremble as tears began welling up in my eyes. My heart was pounding as I placed the letter down in disbelief.

I have a brother. . .