~Chapter 13

Sarada POV

I cleared my throat as I relaxed my muscles to turn around and face her. "Mind explaining to me why you have so many pictures of Boruto, all over your wall" I asked firmly, standing my ground. "Not my wall, that's my brother's collection, that's his side of the room and I don't think he'd appreciate you touching his pictures" she stated. "You're dodging my question" I grumbled, Saki smiled softly. "I could say the same to you, aren't you more interested why your picture is up there" Saki asked innocently. As she gently grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

I stared at the copy, it was a picture of my mom and dad....and me. "Why do you-how do you have my picture" I asked softly, as stared in question. "I'd love to explain but it isn't my place, plus don't you think Boruto deserves to know the truth too" Saki asked with gentle eyes. My eyebrows furrowed at her, "truth about what" I whispered as I turned to her. "What are you two talking about" Boruto asked with Shikadai by his side. The others seemingly still in the livingroom talking up a storm.

I was about to speak when Boruto squinted his eyes at me before pushing pass me. "What......what is this" Boruto asked as he stared dumbfounded. "What the hell" Shikadai gasped as he came up beside Boruto to take a look for himself. "You shouldn't be here, my brother is very kind but he isn't wild about people snooping through his side of the room" Saki warned. Saki pushed the two away from the wall before pulling a curtain to cover up the evidence. "No no, what the hell is that, you can't just-" Boruto started.

"Be quiet, you can ask my brother when he gets back, your mission is to escort..not..to stick your nose into other people's business" Saki informed with a dangerous tone. Shikadai crossed his arms, "I'm sorry but with all due respect, having pictures of Boruto is very much..should be his business" Shikadai protested. "Now is not the time to argue, we'll speak of this later" Saki informed as she walked out of the bedroom. "Come now...if you wish for your questions to be answered, you need to be patient" she muttered. I rolled my eyes at that, she's acting so suspicious, how can the Seventh Hokage trust someone so....secretive. I grumbled as we followed her back into the livingroom.

The boys went back to talking amongst themselves, I noticed that Boruto, Shikadai, and Inojin were whispering to each other. Most likely gossiping about what was in Saki's room. Which she refused to give us an answer too, I watch her cautiously. Not fully trusting her, "help yourselves to some tea, I'll be right back" Saki announced as she placed the tea pot down on the coffee table. I raised an eyebrow, which was kinda ironic, I thought. Saki left the room and back into the bedroom, I clenched my teeth.

I huffed, well isn't that just suspicious, I thought to myself. As I stood up, I was held down by a hand as I went to glare at the culprit. I was met with soft green eyes, his head shaking in a no. I sighed as I sat back down next to Shikadai, things were quiet, well as quiet as it could get with all this chatting. After a couple of minutes slowly when by, Saki soon returned with something in her hands. I perked up at the item, it was a picture frame.

Saki was smiling down at the picture as she stood in front of us. I slightly tilted my head in confusion, trying to see what this picture frame was, without getting out of my seat. Saki sighed as she stared at the picture frame, "I can't tell you much..but....I believe you deserve to know at least this much..." Saki stated as she turn the picture frame to Boruto and I. My eyes widened, it was a picture of both our dads and two little kids in between them. My dad was smiling softly at the camera, he just seemed so happy in that photo, next to the little girl.

Boruto POV

While my dad was standing next to the little boy's left. His bandaged hand ruffling the blond's hair with a huge smile. He was smiling so brightly while the blond boy seemed to laugh at the affectionate action. I haven't seen my dad smile that brightly in a long while and maybe that's my fault. I have been a little hard on him lately and seeing him smile in that photo. It just kinda hurt, ya know, maybe it was because of jealousy.

Maybe it was because of guilt, I wasn't quite sure but seeing him like this. While my actual dad just seemed to gloom all day and pass out on the bed the second he got a chance. If anything, he practically lives in his office with how many times he hasn't come home because he was quote on quote 'just too busy with work at the moment'. I rolled my eyes at the thought, it's always the same excuse, over and over again. I frowned at my lap, no longer wanting to look at the picture or to even know the hidden meaning behind it. "Come on, cheer up man, don't be so gloomy Boruto" a voice called out from behind me.

I blinked as I turn my head around to meet a blue cloaked person. My eyes widened as I stared at the man, the mysterious man chuckled as he pulled his hood back. "I told you we'd meet again, little brother..." the familiar blond haired man stated with a charismatic smile.