~Chapter 10

3rd Person POV

Sasuke quickly buttoned up his shirt, fixing his hair as to make himself more presentable. Naruto sighed as he sat back in his chair, feeling more exhausted then before. Naruto leaned back turning his head to look at Sasuke. "Ya know, I don't think this is considered talking" Naruto exclaimed as he zipped his pants up. Sasuke chuckled, "sorry about that, but we do need to talk..." Sasuke stated, "about us" Naruto asked as he looked out the window. "And the kids, you know them, they won't stop at anything until they uncover the truth" Sasuke confirmed, Naruto nodded slowly in agreement.

Naruto chuckled, "you mean that time, Sarada actually thought Sakura wasn't her actual mom and thought Karin was" Naruto asked teasingly. Naruto looked to his lap for a moment, "yeah, I remember it clearly, you were pissed at me because you thought I was seeing another girl...what..you're afraid that you'll just become my side chick" Sasuke joked which was rare for someone with a monotone voice. Naruto burst into a red flustering mess at that comment, "WHAT, That's not it at all and you know it.....when Sarada thought she wasn't Sakura's child..she was heartbroken, you didn't see the look on her face...but I did, I wouldn't know what she would've done if she lost her.....she needs a family Sasuke..and I can't take that away from her" Naruto whispered the last part but Sasuke clearly heard it. Sasuke's smile dropped, Sasuke moved in front of Naruto. Naruto either didn't notice the movement or he just didn't want anything to do with Sasuke at the moment. Avoiding his gaze as he kept his eyes glued to the window, one of the only good things here.

It was his only escape from his office in which was his eternal prison. The job of the Hokage was hard and getting an affair with feelings involved was so much worse. "When are you gonna look at the bigger picture...aren't you supposed to be the one to lecture me about not seeing the bright side of things" Sasuke asked as he moved himself behind Naruto. Giving Naruto a shoulder massage as he put his head on the other shoulder. Do to the lack of hands, but it was a very skillful hand in both combat and...other things. Naruto blushed at the thought, "don't you wanna be a family, a fully completed family...think about it, you and I...Sarada, Boruto and even Himawari..." Sasuke whispered into Naruto's ear.

Before moving to sit on his lap, their lips made contact. Pulling apart to look into each other's desperate eyes. "And don't forget...our kids are coming home...they're coming home to us, we'll all be one big happy family....it's kinda exciting to finally get a reunion...we'll have everyone in one place...Saki and Haruto.....I'm sure they will be happy to see you" Sasuke reassured Naruto. Somehow noticing Naruto's tense shoulders when Saki and Haruto were mentioned. Naruto sighed as he pecked Sasuke's lips, "I hope so" Naruto mutter underneath his breath. Sasuke frowned at the gloomy Naruto, Naruto isn't the radiant ball of energy he use to be anymore.

But even so, he still has that subtle glow to him, that no one but Sasuke can see. When you've been in the dark so long, it's hard to miss the light being shine into your direction. And it's hard to reject such love and affection, when someone has a heart this big. He's a warmth like nothing else, Sasuke and Naruto's lips fit together so nicely. They were warm and comforting, them being there was all that needed to be said. It was wordless but we understood that we will be there for each other through the hard times, just like before, when we were kids.

And just like before, nothing can come between our bond. It's practical unbreakable, Naruto hummed as he pulled away. Naruto stared into Sasuke's eyes for a moment, "Sasuke, I-" Naruto was instantly interrupted by the door being abruptly opened. His eyes widen as Naruto stared at the now open door, they were fully exposed to the person's gaze. The person stand in the door, jaw drop as tears welled up in their eyes. Shikamaru behind them, looking desperate to pull her out of the room. Naruto's wife of many years, taking care of and raising their children together.

Standing in the doorway with a shock expression as she saw her husband's best friend sitting on his lap. Staring at each other intimately as her husband stared back with the same amount of intimacy. Lost, heartbroken, the letter in her hand was no long relevant as the scene played in front of her, was enough for her. The tears spilled as she did her best to stay together, her body shaking underneath their gaze. Shikamaru pulled Hinata into his chest as he comforted her. She cried softly against his chest as he pulled her out of the room so she couldn't see what had unfolded behind her anymore.

Sasuke and Naruto pulled apart, both standing up as they stood in front of the door. Sasuke held Naruto's shoulder when he attempted to go after his distraught wife. Shaking his head, going after her would have a high chance of just making things worse. Afterall, Naruto didn't have an explanation to what she saw. She saw what she saw, there's nothing more to it then that. After a long minute of waiting, Naruto's arms crossed as he bowed his head in shame.

Shikamaru entered the room, closing the door behind him as he held a serious face. Shikamaru crossed his arms against his chest with a look of disappointment on his face. "Nice stunt" Shikamaru said bluntly as Naruto's heart sunk even deeper at his words. Shikamaru sighed, "well, it's now or never, have you guy come to a decision" Shikamaru questioned. Sasuke pulled Naruto into his chest, "would you..give us a moment, please" Sasuke muttered. Shikamaru nodded as he left out through the door without another word.

To be honest, Shikamaru wouldn't have left so easily if it wasn't for Sasuke saying please.

~Time Skip

Naruto POV

I was pushed into a room with Hinata, dry tears staining her beautiful face. She looked ready to cave in at any moment now. The tiny glances, were the only attempt she made towards me. I exhaled the breath I was holding as I finally made my way towards her. "Hinata....I think it's best if we get a divorce" the words slipped out of my mouth. As I felt a sense of relief and the weight of this stress was lifted off my shoulders as the words were spilled.

Words, that Hinata dreaded to hear, words she wish was a dream. She wished this wasn't reality but then again, reality is full of disappointments. But she never thought, loving someone, could hurt this bad. Never thought, it would be the love of her life that would break and shatter her heart.