Chapter 14

High above the Earth, the Nemesis glided silently through the sky. Most of those aboard had long since gone to recharge, all except for the highest-ranking officers, and of course, their Lord and Master, Megatron. Megatron stood in the bridge, staring silently out at the planet down below his warship. His mind went back to his life back on Cybertron, long before the war. He thought back to his childhood. To Selene...He sighed wearily. He would never admit it to anyone, but his spark ached whenever he thought about the small pink and blue femme that he cared for like a sister. He felt sick as he remembered how his blade ran through her, and the look of pure terror and betrayal on her face when she fell to the ground. He hated himself for doing it! All he wanted was equality for all of his kind, but why did it all have to come to this?! Fighting an Eon long war that seemed to have no end in sight to the bloodshed on both sides?! Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to just let go... "Optimus, while I appreciate you carrying me, I can still get around just fine." Selene's words may as well have fallen on deaf audio receptors, because Optimus seemed dead set on carrying her everywhere when he was able to. He walked into the main room of the base, where the other Autbots and the children looked up on the couple entering. "Everyone, Selene and I have some news that we would like to share." They all looked up curiously when the Autobot leader spoke, wondering what was so important. "Well, there will be some changes to the base in a few months time." Selene added. "What? are you guys having a kid or something?" Miko asked jokingly, not really expecting that of all things to happen. Selene then smirked, "Congratulations, Miko. You got it on the first try." The reactions were instant; Bulkhead spat out the Energon he had been consuming, Ratchet, Arcee and Bumblebee all had shocked faceplates, and the children looked at them in disbelief. "Are you serious?! When did you find out?! How far along?!" Jack asked. "I found out yesterday when your mother did blood test, I told Optimus earlier this morning. And I'm about five weeks along." "Yes, we're going have a Prime Junior running around kicking Con butt!" Miko cheered as she began running circles around the room. Selene gazed at Optimus and smiled. Life was starting to get interesting.