Chapter 102: Vol2 Chapter 42

Mulai dari awal

Abruptly Nyx felt a heavy feeling inside her chest. She began to sweat and it became difficult to breathe.

Her son!

Where was he? What did they do to him?!

She climbed down the bed and rushed toward the door. Just as she opened the door and was about to exit she ran into Lucifer's chest. Stumbling a few steps back she looked up at him.

"Where are you going?" He asked with his usually serious face.

How he could maintain the same expression all the time she wondered.

"Lucifer. My son. Where is my son?"

"Our son is safe."

"I want to see him." She said and tried to get past him but he grabbed her arms.

"You can't."

"He is my son! Why can't I see him?!" She yelled.

"He is my son too!" He yelled back while shaking her slightly as if to wake her up.

Nyx froze in place. He had never raised his voice before, but then she became angry and pushed him away.

"It's all your fault. It's your fault I can't see my son!" She hit his chest but he just stood there and let her take out her anger on him. Once she was done he wrapped his arms around her and let her cry. She cried because she felt helpless.

"What will happen if I meet him?" She asked with red swollen eyes once she calmed down.

"He will die. If you meet him other witches will find him and not only kill him, therefore, your mother made it so that if you met him, he better die without pain."

Nyx could understand her mother's intentions yet she couldn't help but hate her. She knew very well that if witches caught demons they didn't just kill them, they tortured them until they admitted that they were sinful creatures. Then they burned them. Demons cannot die by getting burned therefore they would burn until the witches decided to kill them.

Nyx had several times heard the cries of demons getting burned over and over again and now she felt bad for not ever doing anything about it.

"Can't you meet him then? You are the king of demons. Can't you protect him from them?"

"I probably can but who will protect you?"

"What do you mean?" Nyx asked confused.

"If I meet him you'll die. I just got you back. I can't lose you again."

Nyx pushed him away. "Don't worry about me. I want you to be there for him." She said.

"Didn't you hear me. I said you will die!"

"I don't care!" She yelled. "Please. I want you to raise our son. There is no meaning in living when my son is out there alone." She pleaded.

Lucifer sighed. "I'll think of something. Get some rest first."

He tried to walk her back to the bed but she shoved him away.

"Mother. I want to speak to my mother."

Lucifer grabbed her face and made her look at him. "You are dead to your mother. I am the only one you have now so abandon everything and start anew."

Nyx slapped his hand away. "Tell my mother that I am alive!" Nyx ordered with a harsh tone.

"She already knows but you are still dead to her. The daughter she gave birth to, her witch daughter whom she named Nyx, is dead. You are not one of them anymore. You are a demon now."