Chapter 99: Vol2 Chapter 39

Everything was going smoothly. Lucian got his revenge on his brother and today, he was getting crowned. Very soon he would be the king of Decresh, the king of one of the most powerful kingdoms in the world. But Lucian didn't seem happy. Something was bothering him and he wasn't talking to me about it.

"Is something wrong?" I asked while the maids helped him get dressed for the coronation ceremony.

Lucian smiled. "No, nothing is wrong."

I motioned for the maid to stop doing whatever she was doing. "Leave us alone," I ordered and the maid left quietly.

I went to Lucian and placed my hands lightly on his shoulders. "You are going to be a good King." I assured him.

He grabbed my face with both his hands and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Only with you by my side." He smiled.

"I'll always be by your side." I said adjusting his hair and then I took a step back to see if everything was in place. "I think you are ready to go."

Lucian entered the throne hall walking with grace and confidence. Not many people were invited, only high-rank generals, politicians and some priests. General Black wanted Lucian to be crowned as soon as possible therefore not many could attend the ceremony.

The priest who was supposed to crown Lucian didn't look very pleased, probably because of the rumors that happened to be more than just rumors. I wondered how the priest would react if he found out that he was indeed placing the crown on the head of the devil's son. He would probably die of shock.

After announcing Lucian as the king of Decresh the priest placed the crown on his head. That was it. They made a great deal out of nothing.

Everyone kneeled to their King and swore their loyalty then Lucian motioned for me to come forward. I looked around confused. Why was he telling me to come forward?

With hesitant steps, I walked up to him and then gave him a questioning look. Lucian gave the priest a nod and then turned to me. He took my hands in his.

"Will you be my queen, Hazel?" He asked.

"Of course." I replied still confused.

He turned to his left where the priest now stood with another crown. The crown was made of gold and adorned with stones and diamonds. Lucian was crowning me as his queen. Now!

A king never crowned his queen at his own coronation ceremony. Usually, they chose their queen later on and it wasn't necessarily the first wife, rather the most powerful one. The rest were only referred to as the king's wives and not as queens. There could only be one queen and Lucian was crowning me as his queen, right now.

Lucian took the crown carefully from the priest and then ever so slowly placed it on my head without hesitating. I wanted to say something but everything was happening so fast that I didn't have time to think.

"I hereby name you queen of Decresh." He said loudly so that everyone could hear. "Kneel to your queen." He then ordered.

Everyone in the room kneeled and bowed their heads. This was not how it was supposed to be but Lucian didn't seem to care about any rules. No, he wasn't because he suddenly took my hand and began to lead me out of the hall.

"Where are we going?" I whispered.

"You will know soon." He replied.

And soon we arrived at our chamber. Lucian shut the door behind him, removed the crown from his head and then mine before grabbing my head and capturing my lips in a heated kiss. I was surprised by his sudden l.u.s.t but I kissed him back while he opened the straps on my dress and then let it slide down my shoulders. I opened the buttons on his shirt and he took it off swiftly all while still kissing me.