Chapter 92: Vol2 Chapter 32

Lucian and Roshan arrived in front of a white mansion that loomed behind a big iron gate. The gate opened by itself and Roshan stepped inside. Lucian followed him silently until they arrived at the front door.

"Are you sure you want to meet Lucifer?" Roshan asked turning to him.

"Anything I should know before walking inside?" Lucian asked in turn.

Roshan paused for a moment as if contemplating what to say. "Nothing I can summarize." He said then opened the door and led the way.

They walked through long empty halls with some strange paintings on the wall. Even the ceiling was painted with some dark, strange yet mysterious figures that sometimes seemed to be looking at him. They walked past several doors till Roshan stopped in front of one. This door was different from the others that were only plain white. This one was made of old wooden with some shapes and symbols carved into it. Just like the gate the door opened by itself and Roshan gestured for him to go inside first this time.

Lucian took a moment before stepping inside, feeling a bit nervous as he looked around the big empty room. No one was there so he turned to Roshan but he was already gone and the door suddenly shut by itself.

"You came to see me?" Suddenly a cold voice spoke.

Lucian recognized this voice and as he turned back around he recognized the man standing in front of him as well. It was the silver-haired man in his dreams. This time he could see him clearly. He had the coldest blue eyes Lucian had ever seen and the palest skin. It complemented his hair in a strange way, but what caught his attention the most was the man's facial features. They were a mixture of feminine and masculine, angelic and devilish that it made you gawk in fascination yet keep a distance in fear.

Could he be the devil?

Yes. Lucian could feel his dark powerful energy.

"Yes," Lucian began nervously. "We have met before I believe."

"We have." The man spoke taking a few steps forward.

This man or the devil had come to meet him before. Why?

"I am Lucian. The seventh prince of Decresh... who is believed to be dead now and before that people believed me to be the devil's son."

The devil just looked at him with no expression on his face. Lucian didn't know what to say next so he just decided to get to the point. What he was about to ask made no sense but after everything he went through he truly believed that everything could be possible.

"Are you my father?" He said the words quickly as if he didn't want to hear what he was saying himself.

Lucian had at least expected the devil to be a bit surprised but he wasn't. Instead, he was quiet for what felt like hours before he replied.

"Yes."

Yes. The word echoed in Lucian's mind. He had decided on his way here to not be surprised by whatever happened but he felt as though someone punched him in the gut. He felt sick, angry and confused but most of all betrayed.

The man who was claiming to be his father stood there indifferent to the whole situation. There wasn't even a tiny bit of emotion on his face.

"Why...why would I believe you?" Lucian asked.

"You wouldn't be here if you didn't believe it already." The man stated.

It was true. If the devil was his father it would explain everything that had happened to him so far. It would explain his powers, it would explain why his father, the king hated him so much and it would explain the dark side of him, that he usually called his demon without knowing why. Everything would make sense, yet nothing made sense right now.