Chapter 93: Vol2 Chapter 33

Klara's mind had been unable to rest since she came back home. All she could think about was what she had said to Roshan. Why would she do something so stupid She couldn't comprehend.

"Idiot." She called herself and slapped her forehead then fell back on the bed. She stared at the ceiling wondering what to do to avoid an awkward encounter with Roshan. Maybe she should pretend like she didn't remember anything.

Yes, she would pretend like everything was normal and act as if nothing has ever happened. Staying locked in her room out of fear of meeting Roshan made her feel muffled so she decided to go out. Opening the door she slowly peeked her outside checking both sides before stepping out.

This is stupid Klara. You can't avoid someone in their own home.

As she walked down the stairs she came across Lothaire. His usually serious face now seemed upset. She usually greeted him when they crossed paths but as they locked eyes this time the words died in her throat. His angry eyes were frightening. Klara wondered what angered him so much.

Continuing further she decided to check on Irene. Maybe they had a fight she thought. Making her way to Irene's room she knocked on the door carefully but no one answered. She knocked again but it was still quite.

"She is not here."

Klara's heart skipped a beat. Oh no, he was here. She turned around slowly and tried to keep a straight face but as soon as she saw those sensual lips curved into a smile she knew she was in trouble.

"Then where is she?" She asked trying to keep her cool.

"If you hadn't been locked in your room the whole day you would know." He pointed.

God, he was so annoying yet so...

She stopped herself before getting any bad ideas. "I wasn't locked in my room. I was just resting."

"Or maybe avoiding me..." He added.

"Why would I?"

"Why would you not? If I were you I would avoid me." Klara felt as though there was another meaning to his words.

"I am not scared of you." She said.

He took a step toward her while holding her in place with his gaze.

He leaned closer, "You should be. You don't know the things I want to do to you." He spoke in a low husky tone that made her insides quiver.

Klara couldn't bring herself to say anything this time.

"Not as bold as last night I see." Roshan drawled.

Last night. Klara felt heat creep to her face as she remembered begging him to kiss her. She was supposed to pretend like she didn't remember but her expression probably exposed her already.

She took a step back. "Don't you know how to keep a distance?"

"Says the person who was throwing herself in my arms last night."

This time she got angry. "I wasn't... I mean in my right mind. I have no desire to be in your arms or even near you." She clenched her fists.

He tilted his head to one side, "That's sad. I would have shown you the pleasures of this world."

"I doubt that."

"If you let me, I'll get rid of your doubts."

The way he looked at her at that moment made her feel weak in the knees. For a short moment, she wondered what he would show her but she quickly dismissed the thought. If she stayed a bit longer her she might think of even worse things.