Chapter 87: Vol2 Chapter 27

Klara sat in her room, thinking back of what Roshan had told her.

"I am a demon."

A demon? Klara had laughed even though he had sounded serious. "If you are a demon than I am an angel."

"I would believe you if you told me." He said.

The way he had looked at her back then had made her unable to breathe. How could he say such words? Words that made her heart race and her body tingle. Words that made her cheeks burn and her breath hitch. Maybe he was a demon after all, slowly seducing her into the path of sin.

No! She needed to stay far away from him or else she might end up doing something she would regret.

"Klara?" Irene peeked her head from behind the door. Had Klara become deaf or did the people in this house not know how to knock on the door.

"Come in."

Irene opened the door further but she didn't step inside. "I just wanted to say that Hazel is here, in case you want to greet her."

Hazel? Klara stood up immediately and turned to the door. "Where is she?"

"This way." Irene said leading the way.

Halfway Klara started to question herself as to why she was so excited to meet Hazel. She never liked that woman so why?

No, she wasn't excited, she just wanted to make sure that Hazel was safe for Lucian's sake.

"No need to convince yourself otherwise. I think you like Hazel." Irene said.

"This is rude. My thoughts are private." Klara said annoyed.

"Not if I can hear them." Irene mocked.

People in this house liked to mock Klara realized.

As they walked into a room the first thing Klara noticed was the woman sitting at the edge of the bed. As the woman turned Klara realized that it was Hazel. How?

Hazel's almost unrecognizable face lit with a smile.

"Klara. You are here?" She stood up.

Klara took a closer look and her stomach clenched. Who had done this to her? Hazel's hair was ragged, her clothes torn and she looked thin, unhealthy thin and her arms were covered with bruises.

"Good lord, who did this to you?"

"I am alright." Hazel smiled. "What happened to you?"

Klara still had a few visible bruises on her face from her fight with Irene whose face now turned into one of guilt. Irene had apologized a hundred times and taken care of her but Klara knew she still felt guilty.

"Nothing much. You know I fight a lot."

Hazel nodded.

"I'll bring something to eat. Klara, would you mind helping her change?" Irene asked.

"I can change myself." Hazel said quickly.

"I don't think you can even walk. I'll help you." Klara insisted.

Irene left to bring some food while Klara prepared a bath and brought some new clothes. When she walked back into the room Hazel had already undressed, her body was covered with even more bruises and a few scars. Klara couldn't imagine what Hazel could have gone through.

Hazel quickly wrapped herself in a towel when she took notice of Klara then smiled. "You don't need to look so worried." She said.

"I am not, but you should be. As soon as you recover I am going to teach you how to fight and defend yourself."