Chapter 55

Lucian didn't sleep well. His demon was restless, hungry and angry.

"Bring me Lincoln!" He told Lydia who was serving him breakfast.

She nodded and left. Shortly after Lincoln came in. "Your Highness."

"Did you find the seal?"

"No."

Lucian tried to keep his calm but his nails were already elongating and his body itched for blood. "Bring them to me.!"

Lincoln and Anum came back with Pierres soldiers. They got pushed down on their knees in front of him. Lucian stared down at them with arms crossed behind his back.

"So...you don't know where the seal is?" He asked.

They shook their heads.

"Then I have no use of you." Lucian said and slit their throats with his claws. Their bodies fell to the ground with a thud. Lucian grabbed the table clothes to wipe his hands off while the soldiers slowly bled to death.

"That was unnecessary You Highness. You stained the carpet." Lincoln said with a frown.

Lucian was amused. Lincoln still didn't fear him. "I didn't stain the carpet. Their blood did." Lucian said calmly.

"I beg of you to calm down." Lincoln knew Lucian wasn't entirely himself right now.

"I will Your Highness." Lucian mocked.

Klara stared at the necklace in her hand. She needed to go back to Hazel and she had nothing but the necklace to help her. But how? According to Irene the necklace would only help her if she was in danger and she wasn't.

Klara sighed. How would she go back?

"My Lady?"

Klara looked up. "Enoch? How...what are you doing here?"

He pointed at the necklace.

"But doesn't this work only when I am in danger?"

"It works when it senses that you need us."

"Oh..." She said relieved. "I just need to go back."

"This way." He said and she followed him. They went through the magic gate but this time she didn't fall when they arrived because Enoch had his arm around her waist and held her steady.

"Thank you." She smiled. Without a word he walked into the mansion and she followed him inside. He was walking so fast and Klara had a hard time keeping up with him. She wanted to ask where they were going but he looked so serious that she decided not.

He opened the door to a room and gestured for her to sit on a sofa.

"I'll Inform Irene you are here." He said and left.

Klara sat down with a sigh. Enoch was very strange. He never smiled, never waited for her to replay and looked very serious and uninterested all the time.

After a whiles wait Klara heard footsteps and shortly after Irene walked into the room. Klara stood up from her seat.

"Klara." Irene smiled and gave her a hug.

"Hi." Klara smiled nervously surprised by the sudden hug.

"Are you alright my dear?"

"Yes, I am fine thank you."

Irene smiled. "Good. Come!" She said and led her to another room. "Look who is here."

Hazel looked up. "Klara! You are already back." She said surprised.