Chapter 75: Vol2 Chapter 15

"Where are we going?" Klara asked as she followed Roshan through the dark woods.

"You will see once we get there." He said.

Late at night, in the woods, alone without a weapon and with a man who could fight ten men on his own was maybe not a great idea after all.

Klaras began to calculate all the possible ways she could defend herself if he ever tried to do anything.

"What did you do to the guards?" she asked.

While they were escaping she noticed that all the guards lay unmoving on the ground.

"I put them to sleep." He said simply

"How? I thought you couldn't use magic."

"No...but I sang them a lullaby."

Even though Klara couldn't see him clearly in the darkness she knew he had a smirk in his face.

Not wanting to be mocked anymore she continued is silence. Meanwhile, she tried to find the perfect opportunity to escape but it was so dark she was afraid to leave Roshans side. Once the sun rises she would escape she thought to herself.

"Here." Roshan said as he came to a halt and turned to her.

Klara looked around. Where? She could see nothing but trees and darkness.

Suddenly he crossed the distance between them, wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to his body. Before Klara could push him away she felt the ground underneath her feet open and then suddenly she was falling. A cry escaped her lips and she held onto Roshan for dear life.

Klara couldn't understand what was happening but she just wanted it to end. Or maybe not, because falling this far she would probably die by the end of it. Good lord, she was dying.

"I wouldn't let you die... yet."

"Huh." Klara shot her eyes open and found herself pressed against Roshan's body. She would have pushed him if she wasn't the one holding him so tightly. Slowly letting her hands fall she took a few steps back relieved that she could feel the ground underneath her feet again, then she looked around studying her surroundings. Wait! She knew this place. It was the place Irene had brought her and Hazel before.

"Shall we." Roshan motioned for her to go in.

Klara hesitated for a moment but then walked inside.

"Where is Irene?" She would feel a lot safer if a woman was here.

"She is not here." He said shortly. Opening a door he led her into a room.

"You can stay here." He said.

Stay? Even though Klara didn't know where to go, thinking of staying here with Roshan alone sent a shiver down her spine. There was just something about him that frightened her and made her feel unsafe. He had that dark aura that spoke of danger and that spellbinding look. She felt afraid to look into his eyes, it was as if he could see unravel her deepest darkest secrets of she did.

His lips curved slightly as if he could read her thoughts.

Klara cleared her throat "You said you were not a witch?"

"I am not."

"Then how did you bring us here out of nowhere?" She asked.

"Well, there are some benefits to having a friend who is a witch." He explained.

Klara couldn't follow since he was speaking in riddles. "Anyway, I don't plan on staying here."

No! She couldn't stay alone with a man, but where would she go? She had no frien...Hazel?