Chapter 86: Vol2 Chapter 26

After messing around with Pierre for a while Lucian went back to his chamber. He had hoped to find Hazel even though they had agreed that she would leave while he was gone.

Lucian sighed disappointedly. He knew it wasn't safe for her to stay, yet a part of him still hoped that he would find her here because he already missed her. What had she done to him?

The air still carried her scent and he could vividly remember the warmth and softness of her body. The taste of her lips still lingered on his tongue and her sweet m.o.a.ns echoed in his ears. If she had still been here he would have pinned her to his bed again and this time he would have completed his task, but where was she right now?

Was she safe? Maybe he shouldn't have let her go. While pondering he noticed something on his pillow. It looked like a letter. He grabbed it and opened it.

It was from Hazel.

[ Dear husband.

I haven't left for good, I'll come back for you. Until then be safe and don't worry about me. I am somewhere safe.

I'll miss you.

Your wife. ]

Wife? The word echoed in his mind.

This is for slapping me wife. Are you planning on seducing me wife? Are you taunting me wife? No need to shy away wife. I'll be back wife.

He remembered saying those words. Those random memories, he tried to connect them together but he didn't succeed. One thing was sure, he had a wife and he loved her very much. If Hazel was his wife, he wasn't very sure, or maybe he didn't want to believe it.

Lucian burned the letter so that no one would find it then went to continue with his torture. He had nothing better to do anyway. Making himself invisible he teleported to Pierre's room.

Pierre was getting ready for sleep and Lucian liked this part of the torture the most. He loved to see how his brother turned back and forth in his bed, with sweat running down his face and his heart thumping inside his chest. Tonight he wanted to scare him a little bit more so he walked near his bed making sounds with his footsteps.

Pierre's heart jumped inside his chest and he sat up quickly and looked around the room with wide eyes. "Who is there?" He whispered with a trembling voice.

When no one replied he looked around one last time and then slowly lay down again. He shut his eyes tightly and mumbled a few prayers.

Lucian waited till he calmed down before he could scare him again. He was enjoying this more than he should. He was so bent on scaring his brother and having his revenge that he even got Levi involved which he regretted already. Lucian wanted to keep Levi out of this fight.

When Pierre calmed down a bit Lucian went on with his mission. This time he moved a chair slightly so that it would make a creaking sound. Pierre shot his eyes open once again and his heart escalated but he didn't look around this time. He was too terrified. Lucian went ahead and touched him lightly on the back, so lightly that he would only think that someone was behind him.

Pierre stiffened then held onto his sheets tightly. He was fighting the urge to call for help. Lucian listened to his thoughts. His brother was trying to convince himself that it was all in his imagination and that he shouldn't be scared because Lucian was dead. He made sure of it. Maybe his men were trying to mess with him? But how? They got locked somewhere, or did someone escape?

Lucian froze for a moment. His men were alive? He never thought his brother would keep them alive for this long. He needed to find them, Pierre was already planning on killing them all tomorrow.