Chapter 102: Vol2 Chapter 42

Nyx shot her eyes open with a gasp as if someone punched her soul back into her body. Then she took a few deep breaths but there was no air and she found herself trapped in what seemed like a box. It was pitch black, she could see nothing nor could she move or breath.

Panic kicked in when she realized that she was suffocating. She tried to kick and push the walls that surrounded her but to no avail. She was locked inside and soon she was out of breath.

Air. She needed air now! What had happened to her and who had trapped her in this dark place?

Her heart quickened because of the panic and her lungs burned. Her body jerked uncontrollably while every cell in her body screamed for oxygen until her eyes watered and she finally found peace in the darkness.

Then she was awake again, but she was still trapped without oxygen. She panicked again not wanting to go through the same pain. But she did. This time she managed to scream for help but no one came to her rescue and she fell into the darkness again.

The same thing happened a few more times before Nyx could understand that she was in a coffin. Buried, under the ground. And there was no way she could come out. Another thing she realized was that every time she ran out of breath she died, but then she came back alive. How and why she didn't know.

She didn't know how to escape either. The little time she was alive she did everything she could. At first, she tried to open the coffin herself but didn't succeed and it didn't seem like the wisest choice. Even if she opened it the soil would suffocate her before she could crawl out.

So she tried to use her magic but it didn't work. She called her mother and Lucifer but none came to her rescue.

Nyx slowly began to give up hope because there was not much she could do the short amount of time that she was alive without oxygen.

But after a few days of torture, she felt that she heard something or someone.

"Nyx! Nyx!"

It was Lucifer! Nyx's eyes teared up of happiness.

"Lucifer!" She called beating the coffin so that he could hear her. "Lucifer!"

She prayed that he would hear her because she was running out of breath again. Her eyes teared up and her body jerked, her lungs screaming in pain. She was fading away again.

No!

Lucifer!

Did he hear her?

That, she wouldn't know until next time.

The next time she came back to life she couldn't open her eyes at once. It was too bright. She had to peak a few times to adjust her eyes to the brightness before she could open them completely.

Nyx looked around both surprised and relieved that she didn't wake up in that dark coffin. But where was she?

Scanning her surroundings, she found herself in a large room with two big windows on each side of the large bed she sat on. Heavy velvet curtains hung on sides of the window leaving the faint sunlight to peek through. Antique furniture stood one the thick black rug that covered the ground and the walls were decorated with strange-looking paintings. Everything in the room was either black or red, even the bed she sat on. It was black with red silken sheets that felt so smooth against her skin.

How did she end up here?

Slowly she recalled hearing Lucifer's voice. He must have saved her. Yes, he did. Suddenly she wanted to scream in joy. She didn't have to die anymore. She fell back on the bed, enjoying a simple thing like breathing the air inside the room. How long has it been since she was able to breathe? It felt like she was in that coffin forever.