Chapter 52

"Klara? Where are you going?" Irene stood at the door while Klara packed her weapons.

"I am going to find Lucian." Klara waited for Irene to ask why but she didn't.

"How do I leave? I mean we came through that magic gate." Klara asked.

"You leave through it as well. Do you want me to open it for you?"

"Yes, please."

Klara followed Irene outside and she opened the gate for her.

"Take this." Irene said handing her a bird shaped necklace."It will help you when you are in danger."

Klara looked at the necklace. How would a necklace help her she wondered. "Thank you. I shall go then."

"Yes."

"Wait!" Hazel came running toward them. "Could you give this to Lucian?" She asked holding out a letter.

Klara took the letter. "Yes." She said, "Goodbye." Then entered the gate with her horse.

"Be careful." She heard Hazel call before a force swept her away and she landed flat on her stomach.

"Ouch!"

Standing up she dusted herself off. Her horse, Klara called him Thunder seemed fine, just confused by what was happening.

"It's alright." She said clapping him. "Shall we leave?"

Mounting Thunder Klara rode off to find Lucian.

Klara rode for a while until she came to a crowded place. It was a shopping market she realized, but where exactly?

"Excuse me? Where is this place?" Klara asked a woman walking by.

"This is Xantus My Lady." The woman told her.

Xantus was a city in Decresh. So she was already where she wanted to be.

"Where can I find the royal castle?" Klara asked.

The woman's face turned blue. "You shouldn't go there My Lady. There is blood everywhere."

"Just tell me where it is."

"It's in the north-west a few miles away."

"Alright. Thank you." Klara said and continued her journey.

The sun went down and it became darker and darker till it was difficult to see the road. Klara decided to stop and sleep until the morning light.

"Let's get some rest." She said getting off Thunder and stroking his back. Finding a tree she tied Thunder, then she lay down on the cold ground under the tree. "Goodnight Thunder." She whispered and closed her eyes.

The next morning she woke up from Thunder making a sound. It only meant one thing, horses were nearby which probably meant soldiers. Klara got up quickly and hid behind a cliff then listened to the sound of horses and men nearing.

Slowly she peeked her head from behind the cliff. Soldiers dressed in a black and blue attire were walking past. Black and blue? It was her brother's men. What were they doing here?

Oh, no. Her brother knew she went to help Lucian so of course, they were looking for her here or maybe even looking for Lucian.

If they continued this way they would probably find him and take him to Rasmus. She couldn't let that happen. Getting out from behind the cliff she approached them. As soon as they heard the sound of her footsteps they took their weapons out.

"Your Highness?" A young soldier named Erik looked at her surprised. "We have been looking for you everywhere."

Klara sighed in frustration. Couldn't she just be left alone?