Chapter 84: Vol2 Chapter 24

From author...

I'm in Turkey right now and there are earthquakes. As there are interruptions in communication for a long time, there is often no access to the Internet. First of all, I would like to express my best wishes for Turkey and ask you to show understanding

...................................................................................
Klara hadn't believed Roshan when he'd told her that Lucian was alive but then she saw Irene crying with happiness and sadness at the same time after meeting her son she was assured that Lucian was indeed alive. She had cried as well, in relief, together with Irene. That day had felt like forever.

Now she was sitting in the garden, alone, thinking of what to do next. She could not stay here forever, she didn't want to feel like a burden.

"You are not a burden and you can stay here as long as you want." Suddenly Irene spoke from nearby as though she had been there the whole time.

Klara turned her head slightly and found Irene strolling toward her looking like her usual self, beautiful and elegant at the same time.

"You can hear my thoughts." Klara asked surprised.

"Don't be so surprised. I told you I was a witch." Irene smiled and came to sit next to her on the bench.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Klara asked. "I was not very nice to your son and his wife."

Irene smiled. "You loved my son despite sensing that he was different. How were you not nice to him?"

Klara looked down at her hands. There were things that Irene didn't know. Things like how she forced Lucian and threatened Hazel. She wasn't proud of those things.

"I know those things." Irene said surprising her again. "Sometimes love can make us do crazy things. What matters is that you helped them in the end and... I actually enjoyed your fight with Hazel." She laughed. "You are a strong and determined woman who goes after what she really wants. Not many have that courage."

Klara was confused. Irene liked her despite knowing everything? This woman really amazed her.

"As I said, you can stay here as long as you want."

"I might never find somewhere to go." Klara said realizing the gravity of her own words. What if she really never found somewhere to go?

"I doubt that." Irene smiled, her eyes swirling with the knowledge of something that Klara couldn't understand. Then swiftly she stood up "I'll see you at dinner." She said and left.

Klara sat alone again, her thoughts drifting away to Lucian. Was he alright? Was Hazel alright? Klara knew that if Hazel got hurt then that would hurt Lucian and she didn't want him to hurt because that would hurt her.

And then slowly her thoughts drifted to Astrid. Her sister must be so worried right now. Klara felt guilty for being the troublemaker. She always put her sister in difficult situations and made her worry. She really was good for nothing.

With sunken shoulders, Klara stood up to walk back to her room when she took notice of Roshan standing two steps away. She had almost walked into him if she hadn't looked up.

"God, you scared me. Don't you know how to keep a distance?"

Again his lips curved into that wicked smile that annoyed her so much. She had tried her best to avoid him these last few days but it was difficult since she was living in his house. Everytime he spoke to her she found herself blushing, everytime he looked into her eyes she found herself losing track of her thoughts and stuttering, and everytime he smiled like that she found herself wanting to slap him and kiss him at the same time. He was just plain annoying.