"Don't be crazy!" Her brother chided loudly. "It wasn't your fault." Vivek pressed disapprovingly, "I clearly remember what were the terrible conditions then and I hope you do too." Samiksha shook her head in plain self-disappointment. "You allowed it to happen only due to Kartik's stubbornness." He pointed, "He was the one who wanted to keep Aryan out of her life since that day in school."

"It wasn't just him. I was greedy to keep him out of her life too." She reflected, "Ruchi didn't break apart from Aryan just due to the unfortunate times. We were a part of it too." Samiksha inhaled the air around her grimly. "Now that I think a little sensibly, none of them deserved the cruelty shown upon them neither by us people nor by their fate."

"What changed suddenly?" He imposed, "Some days ago you weren't eager to have him anywhere near her. Now you're just approving him for Ruchi out of nowhere!!" He exasperated.

"Nothing is out of the blue. Aryan had always been the right one for our Ruchi. I along with Kartik had let our insecurities and fears take over. I don't think there's anybody else who deserves Ruchi more than Aryan. They're the missing halves in each other's lives."

He let out a grated sigh, "So why aren't we telling Ruchi the same?" Vivek implied, "She isn't aware about her past with Aryan and we are still keeping her in the dark. She has no idea that we both know about her marriage with Aryan while the others are still clueless. She doesn't even know that her brother talked shit with you while blaming you for her situation!? Why the fuck are we still pretending to be clueless when we know everything, Samiksha!?"

"She has seen a lot in her life, Vivek." Samiksha promulgated, "She doesn't need other's shit to become hers any more." She reasoned. "Me and Kartik Batra have had our differences in the past and I don't think that they're ever going to end in future as well. I don't want to burden my best friend with any of the blunders collectively caused by me or her brother." She announced, "So, let it just stay between me and him."

"Ruchi is going to be devastated if she knows the truth someday, Samiksha." Vivek warned her disapprovingly, "She trusts us, dude. She trusts you the most. She doesn't need a betrayal from her friends or her brother either."

"Her life is finally starting to get back on track with Aryan. Nobody should be doing anything to disrupt it." She summarized.

Samiksha's own disordered self didn't want to comprehend the answers to the said questions rightfully posed by Vivek now. She knew Ruchi would be heartbroken but flat-out breaking their silence on her diminished past might raise a lot of self-doubts within herself. Each time when she gathers her will to talk it out with Ruchi her lips fall silent after hearing the babel of her mind.

These days in their lives were turning duller than they already were. Firstly, the engagement was called off due to Aryan's daring intervention only for him and Ruchi to get married later to save themselves from the prying eyes. Yes, the siblings got to know about the change in plans through the medium of Kartik who was distorted. The fact was hard to digest but as a bitter pill taken for a good cause they forcefully swallowed it down their throats.

She was provoked to think that it was for Ruchi's own well being else why would the same guy return in their lives after all these years of keeping them apart and her void of Aryan's identity from the past.

Much later, Samiksha dipped into a rocking chair inside her room with every uncertain thought spilling all over the place. She was sure about never watching this grim day back during those days but it somehow occurred in reality. And just like Kartik she too was forced to be transported back in the biting past.