Chapter-12 {Edited}

💙

|She will know him slowly, learn him quickly and define love faster|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

I looked back at Aryan and then in the direction of the unpleasant sound. I spotted the wild beast glowering at a distance from us. That wasn't it as the hunger for our flesh flickered in its gray predatory eyes. My eyeballs were ready to drop out of the sockets in pure horror.

This can't be happening!

I wasn't here to spend a night with a snow leopard. Heck! I did not want to be here in the first place.

Why had I tried to visit something as adventurous as Manali? Why was I dumb enough to give into Sammy's foolish decision to abide to witness this disaster? Why had I not paid any heed to Bhai who over the years warned me that Samiksha Khanna was a supplementary package of inevisable crisis? Why had I not taped Bhavesh's mouth when he subscribed along Sammy? Why can't I resist an urge to slap Geetika on her face for keeping up with this death worthy challenge?

Most importantly why I am supposed to lose my life alongside Aryan Mallik and in the large fatal claws of a Himalayan Leopard in the middle of nowhere. The least that I deserved was a well-planned death.

Why me, Lord?

A barely audible voice of Aryan brought me out of the self-repentance, "Let's run." He probed pulling me along with him. His hand ceased my unnecessary movements and he secured my shivering form behind his body. He took discrete steps backwards but all that we could just find behind us were colossal deodar trees. And if I was even a little good in mathematics, then my calculations confirmed that we won't be able to run faster than the prey waiting.

The unruly bushes nearly hundred square feet apart covered a little distance between us and the animal who had started nearing us.