Chapter-18 {Edited}

💙

|She's walking aimlessly on a road that never ends along with a storm that isn't over and a heart that often screams without any sound|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

Ruchi woke up that morning with her habitual dose of nightmares rather than the sleep she received in the last few days. She didn't comprehend for the reasons, obvious of the fears she was so bent to address. She didn't want to start her day like before and everything appeared still. Her mind could still shudder being stuck at the fond memories. So she remained tucked inside the bed until the late morning staring at her bedroom ceiling wide awake.

Sunil had patted her to a much-needed slumber late at night when she refused to leave his side. She had silently wept until the sunrise paid heed to her pain. Her heart and mind loved the newfound attention she was getting from her father as if some kind of fear engulfed him in her uninformed absence. The daughter who had been craving for her father's love had finally got a minute reciprocation of her emotions. Wasn't all that she wished for until now? Isn't this what she called peace?

Yet her treacherous self seems to be lost in time she spent with an unknown stranger, she was firm in her belief about him that he was definitely a stranger. Then why did his absence sting her now?

Aryan Mallik knew what he wanted and proved it by initiating that uncalled topic in between them. Was her crazy self so obvious to display her raw emotions to him. Was she this desperate to be seen by him? And if yes, then why would he understand it after all these years?

She doesn't remember even falling in love with him but it just happened.

Was it when she crossed him like a banshee on the day of freshers or when for the first he gazed at her as if she was the sunshine he was deprived of? The day they collided in an empty corridor or something else that she couldn't recall about? Because she couldn't find the answer even after all these years of knowing him.