Chapter-8 {Edited}

💙

|Love is like a bird

|Love is like a bird. When given a sky of choice, it'll still return back to you. But if caged, it will flap its wings harder to get away|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

The next Friday I submitted the enrollment form along with the trip fees to the department's student's council. My friends were charged up when I told them the news about me joining them for the trip. Though it was a first, I was definitely looking forward to it.

As asked by my BadiMa, I went shopping for four good hours with the girls who really took it on them to make me get the things. I am never so choosy about what I wear until I'm comfortable in it unlike my friends who made me try so many things that my arms were hurting and legs breaking. It was a hectic task at hand.

Manali was a sweet hill station in the valley of Himachal Pradesh and I had packed some woolen clothes to keep me warm as the season would be really cold now. I am so excited for this first solo trip of my life and couldn't help but feel giddy to the pit of my stomach.

Finally, the day came. When I would be leaving for Manali. I couldn't sleep again because of the nightmares I got and partly due to my excitement for the trip.

"You took everything, Baby?" BadiMa asked me for the fifth time in the last hour so I won't get in trouble. "Check both of your bags once again for important things. And your lunch box too, Baby!"

"Yes BadiMa! I checked my bags twice last night." I notified. "And the lunch box you prepared for me is safely packed in the bags too." I pressed her shoulders with care, "Ab aap meri fikar karna band karo, meri pyaari BadiMa!!"

["You need to stop worrying for me, my lovely, BadiMa!!"]

"Motherly instincts, my Baby!" She patted my cheeks. Her smile fell instantly as if she realized something, "You weren't sleeping again?"