1 - the past

I delivered another hit against the punching bag, having it swing back

I delivered another hit against the punching bag, having it swing back. The next followed and it moved further back, swinging harsher and more by the second of thrusting against it with all my anger.

The stinging pain through the fist wear was forming among my knuckles but i pushed through the aching and continued swinging, whines soon slipping through my lips but my movement only stopped as i saw the bloody spots color the bags material.

I stepped away and dropped down on the bench, cupping my face from the unbearable emotions that were waving over me right now. The empty, small gym. The zero souls, sounds in it. It made me even more insane and fight over my mind but the feelings were shut down from the doorbell going off.

I unwrapped the fist wear and stood up, traveling through a hallway and over to the front door.

--
"Here. Try this button up shirt. I even bought one for myself and god do the women come crawling over to you everywhere you go." My father, Jackson, handed it over to me with a smile.

"Dad." I took it but looked at him with disappointment. "Am i some sort of child to you that needs their parent to buy them clothes?" I unwrapped the clear packaging whilst speaking.

"Honestly you should be grateful as i brought it from Puerto Rico and the cost wasn't on the low end." He sat down on the bench as we had came back into the gym room.

"Then my apologies. Besides i'm surprised you even brought me something from the fact that i haven't seen you in three years." I pulled my current shirt off and carefully unfolded his present.

"What's the scar on your stomach about?" Jackson had asked, immediately making me look down to see what he was referring to.

"If you would have came for a visit more often then you'd be caught up in my life." I turned my back on him, looking at myself through the mirrors to see how the shirt fits me.

"I'm here now so what shit have you gotten yourself through again?"

I carefully slipped the shirt back off, dragging my eyes on him again. "Alexa and i got a divorce."

"And what does that have to do with an obviously healed stab wound?"

"To cut a long story short, that bitch had been manipulating me for those three years in our marriage. Even faked my death to finally realize how delusional i was." I left out a laugh to dim down the seriousness about this.

"Her need for my money was so high to the point she tried to kill me. I'd say i literally became numb after hearing the shit she confessed at this so called funeral i formed about myself."

"Are you for real? She was so confident into getting your money that she just blurred everything out right there and now?" I watched him pull up a smile, taking this as a joke himself.

"You know, i'm glad i'm laughing about this as well by now because to be attacked by your wife which at that moment i didn't even know it was her, it's a trigger for trauma." I took a seat next to him, leaning forward on my knees.

"And you're gonna tell me that you have so easily forgotten the woman i even knew you were in love with?" My father continued, dropping his playful expression.

"Let's just say my life has taken a whole one eighty when it comes to wearing my heart on my sleeve. That bitch has ruined everything in me to ever love someone again." I dropped the eye contact we held, trying my best to hold back the emotions i had before he came.

"Ophelia." I felt him grab my hand, having me look back to him. "I'm still looking forward on becoming a grand-"

"Dad, stop with this speech!" I yanked my hand away and walked back to the fist wear to wrap it around my knuckles. "Kids, marriage, a happy life. That's all you want from me! And guess what, here i am now when i tried such a path!"

I swung a harsh punch against the punching bag. "Listen, do you think i don't want that either though? But where do i start now? In this mess of a life i am in? I can't even love someone if i forced myself besides who would want to be with me with all the mafia shit i'm wrapped up with?" I threw another swing forward.

"You're only 27, sweetheart. Practically the age where life only begins. There is still hope! See how i turned out? Retired from the business, got over the death of your mother and found myself a loving wife." Jackson spoke out whilst taking a few steps closer to me.

I immediately turned to face him, pulling my fist up and ready to release my anger on him rather than the bag. "Don't fucking speak about my mother like that! You're disgusting for phrasing those words as if you have easily replaced her!"

"Sorry. I'm so sorry. Don't fucking swing at me though." He threw his own hands up just in case i had the intention to do so. "Better yet let's not talk about her, okay?" I knocked my emotions down.

"Exactly so i'll be heading out now. Haven't had dinner and need to check into a hotel." I heard him speak whilst walking to the door of the gym.

"Also thank you for the shirt! That shit will have women crawling to me like you said!" I formed a smile to myself mids shouting and i heard as he released a laugh before leaving the area completely.

>>>