Chapter 40

You jump infront of a spell

Harry

Harry decides that dueling Draco is the best way to teach him a lesson about keeping his mouth shut. So he does, but he doesn't tell you about it, he doesn't even tell you where he's going. He just tells you he's gonna be late meeting you for a movie date.

But you're smart enough to know there's something going on. So you march out to the courtyard around noon to see there's already a crowd surrounding Draco and your idiot boyfriend.

You push through just in time to see Draco cast a hex at Harry while his back is turned.

"NO!" You scream, jumping infront of Harry taking the hit of the hex instead.

"Y/N!!!" Harry shouts dropping to his knees infront of you.

He picks you up and examines you.

Once you recover from the shock of the whole situation you give him a shaky smile.

"Don't ever do that again, understand?! That was incredibly stupid!"

"You're welcome." You murmured.

He shakes his head.

"I'm being serious. Don't ever do that again, I can't have you getting hurt trying to save me all the time. One day it'll be worse than this, trust me. I can handle a few injuries, but I can't handle anything happening to you, so please don't, okay?"

He's seriously worked up over the thought you not being completely okay. Now he's extra protective, like doesn't even leave your side, and if he for whatever reason can't be with you, he has one of his friends be your bodyguard instead. He doesn't care if you're just in your dorm or not doing anything, he'll ask you over 100 times how you're feeling and if you're doing okay, it's honestly annoying.

But, he can't help it. He has a fear of abandonment and just can't stand the thought of losing you too.

Ron

The next day Seamus decides it'd be funny to make another backhanded comment about you.

Ron's really pissed off so while everyone's just sitting in their common room he sets Seamus' homework on fire.

"What the bloody hell, mate?!" Seamus shouts.

Ron just sends him a glare then continues on his way. Seamus takes his wand out and points it at Ron.

You take a step infront of him and Ron whips his head around.

"What the bloody hell??" He says confused on how you ended up on the floor in pain.

Then he looks up Seamus, who's looking down at you in shock. Ron doesn't even care, he jumps Seamus. After a few good punches he quickly makes his way back over to you to make sure you're okay.

"Ron, I'm fine!!"

"You really scared me, Y/N! There was no need for that."

"I know."

He smiles at your words. He feels so lucky to have someone who cares about him so much. Your sacrifice showed him you'll always have his back.

He places a light kiss on your forehead.

"You deserve some dessert for that little act of bravery. Come on." He says.

That night he and Harry sneak into the kitchens for your reward.

Draco

Draco had teased Harry and June as usual and Harry challenged him to a duel.

Draco had turned his back for a moment when he heard you and Rio walking by.