Realization And Through The Trap Door

As the days dragged on, there was an undeniable certainty that Fluffy remained safe and secure behind the sealed door. The stifling heat hung heavily, especially within the expansive classroom where they sat for their written examinations. They had been furnished with new quills specifically enchanted to prevent any form of cheating. Practical exams were also on the agenda. Professor Flitwick ushered them in one by one, challenging them to make a pineapple perform a lively dance atop a desk. Professor McGonagall observed them as they transformed mice into snuffboxes, awarding points for the elegance of the snuffbox but deducting them if it retained any whiskers. Snape, with his intimidating presence, kept them on edge, his presence looming as they strained to recall the steps for brewing a Forgetfulness potion. Seth excelled in his potion-making, as did Harry, yet both couldn't shake the persistent, painful sensations throbbing in their foreheads, since their unsettling journey into the forest.

Orion thought Seth had a bad case of exam nerves because he couldn't sleep, but the truth was that Seth kept being woken by his old nightmare, except that it was now worse than ever because there was a hooded figure dripping blood in it. When he asked Harry about it, it seemed like he was going through the same thing. Ron and Hermione didn't seem as worried about the Stone as Harry was. Seth was worried about it too but he tried to stay cool-headed.

In the present moment, they found themselves in the midst of their ultimate History of Magic examination. After an arduous hour had passed, the spectral figure of Professor Binns floated through the room, instructing them to set aside their quills and neatly roll up their parchment. A wave of jubilation swept through the classroom as the students rejoiced in the knowledge that their exams had, at long last, drawn to a close.

"I'd always heard Hogwarts' end-of-the-year exams were frightful, but I've found that rather enjoyable." Hermione said as the four of them exited the classroom and strolled towards the Sunny Black Lake.

"Can we please not talk about the exams." Ron said. "It makes me ill when I found out I haven't written the right answer."

"Oh, fine." Hermione groaned.

Upon reaching the lake, they spotted the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan playfully tickling the tentacles of a massive squid, which lounged in the sun-drenched shallows.

"No more studying." Ron sighed happily, stretching out on the grass.

Seth repeatedly massaged his forehead, clearly in pain. Hermione couldn't help but notice his discomfort and began to feel concerned. She was about to ask if he was okay. But before she could, Ron had spoken up.

"You could look more cheerful, Harry." He said. "We've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

"I wish I knew what this means!" Harry exclaimed with frustration, rubbing his forehead.

"My scar keeps hurting too. It's happened before, but never as often as this." Seth said.

"Go to Madam Pomfrey." Hermione suggested.

"We're not ill." Harry replied.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." Seth continued.

Hermione's anxiety deepened with those words. The thought of Seth facing danger once more became unbearable for her.

"Harry, Seth, relax. Hermione's right, the stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around." Ron said. "Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down."

Seth knew Ron was right. After all, he, Hagrid and Dumbeldore were the only one's who knew how to get past Fluffy. And he was sure Hagrid would never give up that information not even if .....he was offered the thing... he always wanted.