The First Quidditch Match And The Jinxed Broomsticks

The following morning, the Quartet gathered at the Gryffindor table. As everyone dug into their breakfast, Seth and Harry absentmindedly swirled their food around with their forks. Until, Ron managed to get Harry to eat at least three spoonful of beans. But no matter how hard they tried, Seth still wouldn't eat anything.

"You've got eat something, Seth." Hermione said. "You're gonna need your strength today."

"I'm not hungry, Hermione." Seth said.

"Just a bit of a toast?" Hermione asked. "Please, do it for me."

"I'm sorry, but I'm n-"

Before Seth could even utter another word, Hermione had quickly put a jammed piece of toast in his mouth. Seth had no other choice but to eat the toast, making Hermione smile at her victory. Orion, seated at the Slytherin table and observing the incident, chuckled quietly. He understood that if anyone could persuade Seth to do something he didn't want to do, it was Hermione.

"Good luck today, Potter." Snape said as he stood behind Harry. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you....even if your against Mr. Scamander."

After one final glance at Seth, Snape walked away, slightly limping. Harry and Seth quickly took notice of it.

"That explains the blood." Harry said.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog." Harry explained. "But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

"The day me and Seth were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults." Harry continued. "He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret."

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants."

Seth was lost in contemplation at Harry's words. While he acknowledged the possibility that Harry's suspicions about Snape might hold truth, he also recognized the potential for error. He sensed an underlying complexity to the situation. Therefore, he remained hesitant to jump to any conclusions about Snape.

Suddenly, long screeches came from above the Quartet. Seth looked up to find Hedwig and another owl enter the Great Hall. They were both carrying a very large, long parcels. The two owl dropped it off at their owner's before they flew off again.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked.

"But I... I never get mail." Harry said.

"And I think it is actually too early for me to be getting a mail." Seth said, looking at the mails curiously.

"Let's open it." Ron said.

The four if them got up as they begin unwrapping the parcels. Ron helped Harry open his parcel while Hermione helped Seth open his. Once they had finally ripped the parcels open, they were revealed with two broomsticks.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry exclaimed.

"Thats not just any broomsticks guys," Ron said. "They are Nimbus 2000s!"

Seth's gaze wandered up to the head table, where he spotted the owl that had delivered the mysterious parcel perched near Snape. In a surprising turn of events, Snape offered the boy a fleeting smile before discreetly redirecting his attention elsewhere. This small, uncharacteristic gesture left Seth both intrigued and curious about Snape.