Mother's Past And The Forbidden Forest

Upon spotting Malfoy, the quartet swiftly rose and seized their invisibility cloaks before going back inside the school.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon." Seth said as they walked down the corridor. "He told me and Harry so the first time we ever met him."

"It's crazy." Ron said. "And worse, Malfoy knows."

"I don't understand. Is that bad?" Harry asked.

"It's bad." Seth said.

Suddenly, they Quartet stop as Professor McGonagall had apperead in front of them, looking sternly at them. While Malfoy stood behind her with a smug on his face.

"Good evening." She said. "Follow me. All of you."

-

McGonagall had led them to her classroom, where the four of them now stood before her desk. Malfoy stood a few feet away, wearing a smirk on his face.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night." McGonagall said sternly. "Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50?!" Harry whispered loudly.

"Each." She said making the four gasp. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention."

Malfoy appeared highly satisfied with himself, but that soon shifted into an expression of bewilderment.

"Excuse me, Professor." Malfoy said politely. "Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us."

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy." McGonagall said with a straight face. "You see, honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Seth exchanged grins with each other, while Draco slumped, realizing that the situation had reversed.

"Now, all of you, to bed now." Professor McGonagall said. "Except for you, Mr. Scamander."

McGonagall's request caught Seth off guard, leaving him with a puzzled expression. Meanwhile, Harry, Ron, and Hermione shared looks of confusion and concern among themselves. Harry and Ron decided to leave but Hermione stayed back, not being able to leave.

"Professor, why did you ask Seth to stay back?" Hermione's voice quivered with concern.

McGonagall looked at Hermione, her expression softening just a fraction.

"Miss Granger, there's a matter I need to discuss with Mr. Scamander. Please, go to bed."

Hermione reluctantly left the corridor, casting a worried glance back at Seth.

After they found themselves alone, Seth's stomach twisted with anxiety. Professor McGonagall maintained an unbroken silence until she finally chose to break it with her words.

"You remind me so much of your parents." She said.

"You knew my parents, Professor? " Seth asked curiously.

"Of course, I knew your parents, Seth." She said with a slight smile. "Both of your parents were excellent students and amazing friends with Lily and James Potter."

Seth was taken aback when he heard those words.

"My parent's were friends with Harry's parent's?"

"Your mother and Lily were best friends!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed. "They were great friends even before their Hogwarts days. Then, in her third year, your mother began residing at Hogwarts with me. I took her under my wing and cared for her as though she were my own daughter."