Flying Broomsticks And The New Slytherin Seeker

After Snape's class they all headed towards the Great Hall. Once they had arrived there Seth was about to apologize to Hermione and sit at the Slytherin table with Orion to do his homework as he was still unsure if he should sit at the Gryffindor's table, especially after the Snape incident. But before Seth could even do that, he saw Orion giving him a dangerous look, warning him that he better not be thinking about leaving Hermione. Seth gulped and quickly went towards the Gryffindor table with Hermione, not seeing Orion's proud smile as he left. They all then start doing their homeworks while a Gryffindor student called Seamus was trying a spell on a cup.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum." Seamus said as looked in the cup to find it still normal. "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..."

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asked.

"Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-"

Before Ron could even finish his sentence, he was cut off by a mighty flash. Seth saw that the cup had exploded and had left Seamus charred. Several students laugh start laughing as Hermione fans away the smoke with her hand.

Out of the blue, Seth's attention was caught by the sound of an owl's call. He raised his gaze and observed a group of owls making their way into the hall, carrying various letters. Amidst the deliveries, a single owl accidentally let slip a letter intended for Seth. He started to unfold the contents of the letter, discovering a letter from his grandparents.

Dear Seth,

How are you doing? We hope this letter finds you well and full of excitement as you embark on your first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! First and foremost, congratulations on being sorted into Slytherin! While it might come as a surprise to some, please know that the Sorting Hat's decision is a reflection of the qualities that make you unique. Just like the creatures we've studied and cared for, every house at Hogwarts has its own strengths and virtues. Slytherin has produced many brilliant and ambitious witches and wizards, and we have no doubt you'll thrive there. Remember, Seth, that bravery isn't confined to Gryffindor, intelligence to Ravenclaw, or loyalty to Hufflepuff. The ambition and cunning of Slytherin can lead you to remarkable achievements, just as the other houses' virtues can guide their members to greatness. Embrace your house's legacy and strive to make it even more wonderful with your presence. Never forget your heritage, dear grandson. The Scamander family has a long history of exploring the magical world, caring for fantastic creatures, and seeking knowledge. Let your curiosity be your compass and your love for magical creatures be your driving force. We're here for you, Seth, every step of the way. If you ever need advice, a listening ear, or even a friendly creature-related anecdote, don't hesitate to reach out. The bond of family is a powerful one, and we're immensely proud of the path you're embarking upon.

With all our love and support,

Your grandparents

Upon reading the letter, Seth's lips curved into a smile. He folded the letter, tucking it carefully into his side pocket.

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" Dean said, catching Seth and Hermione's attention as they turned to look at him.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." Hermione explained as red smoke formed in the glass ball.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Neville said.

"Hey, Ron! Seth! Somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen." Harry said, catching there attentions. "Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid, Seth and I went to."