The Three Headed Dog And Hermione's Birthday

Having learned about Seth and Harry's parents being Quidditch stars, they set off towards their respective common rooms.

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you two than you both do." Ron said.

"Who doesn't." Seth and Harry said in unison, before the staircase shudders and begins to move.

The three quickly grab the railings before they fall down. Ron yelled in fear as Harry shouted, "What's happening?!"

"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione said.

The staircase finally stopped, leading to a different corridor.

"Let's go this way." Harry said.

"Before the staircase moves again." Ron said.

The four walked up the stairs, opened the door and went inside. And before they knew it, they found themselves in a dark, spooky corridor which was completely quiet.

"Does anyone feel like we shouldn't be here?" Harry asked.

"We're not supposed to be here." Hermione said. "This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden.

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support, catching the attention of the four.

"Let's go." Seth said.

But once they turn around to leave, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows.

"It's Filch's cat!" Hermione cried out.

"Run!" Harry exclaimed.

The Quartet ran through the corridor as flames start litting up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past.

"Quick! Let's hide through that door!" Harry said as he ran into it and bounced back quickly and trying to open it with the handle. But it didn't work. "It's Locked!"

"That's it! We're done for!" Ron cried out in fear.

Seth was on the verge of instructing Twig to open the door, but Hermione acted before he could.

"Oh, move over!" Hermione said as she pushed through and aimed her wand towards the door and muttered, "Alohomora."

The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens.

"Get in." Hermione said as the four of them quickly bustled in.

"Alohomora?" Ron questioned.

"It's a standard lock picking spell. You can find it in Standard book of spell, chapter seven." Seth answered.

After everyone had entered the room, Filch emerged from the corner accompanied by Mrs. Norris. Fortunately, the Quartet had managed to enter in time to avoid being seen. A few seconds later, Filch and his cat left, prompting a sigh of relief from the Quartet.

"Filch is gone." Seth said.

"He probably thought the door was locked." Ron said.

"It was locked." Hermione said, a mix of anger and relief in her voice.

"And for good reason." Harry remarked, a sense of fear evident in his expression as he observed what lay before him.

The trio turns to observe what had caught Harry's attention. As they shift their gaze, they find an enormous three-headed dog sound asleep before them. Stirring from its slumber, the dog emits a series of growls and yawns, its attention fixed now on the unexpected visitors.

At a single glance, Seth swiftly recognized the creature before them: a Cerberus, an exceptionally uncommon magical being. Furthermore, he was intimately acquainted with the art of befriending such creatures.