Stay Strong

It was nighttime now and the Tulkun was taking us back to the village, Me and Lo'ak looking up at the stars. But there's this sting in my back that has been bothering me for a while now and it's getting worse,

I hiss at the pain in my back and Lo'ak noticed. He sits back down next to me and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Y/n, you good?" He asks.

"Nah, my back stings a lot, I don't what it is." Is say hissing even more. He gives me a worried look and speaks.

"I'll take a look, imma lift up your shirt." He says, I nod and slowly roll it up. He turns his head to look at my back and gasps.

"Oh shit!" He exclaims, my eyes go wide and I quickly whip my head.

"W-what is it?" I say trying to look behind me.

"Alr Ima be straight forward...you got a whole ass tooth lodged into your back." He says. I put my hands on my back frantically trying to find the tooth but can't.

"WHAT! OH HELL NO." I shout.

"Calm down , there's not that much blood surprisingly." Brother says.

"Ok, that's good but shit, how did I not notice it earlier." I say huffing, also I wonder how I got it, maybe when the Tulkun rammed into that monster of a fish and it almost got me as a last meal.

Lo'ak told the Tulkun to go faster cause of my injury, as well as I tell the Skimwing to leave. We get their quickly and get off the Tulkun and alert one of the Na'vi on a skimwing. They come over and take Lo'ak, but they take a look at me and then him, my brother nods and they grab me too. Soon we get to the village and I see everyone huddled up near the mauri pods.

     When we got to them, some men and woman were shouting about Lo'ak's return but weren't expecting me. Lo'ak gives me a hand, pulling me up, Tonowari, Ronal and...Aonung were there at the front. Lo'ak sees Aonung and steps up to him.

     "Lo'ak, No!" I tell him and grab his arm but he doesn't listen, until Jake comes over. "Hey. hey." Jake says, stepping Infront of him to stop him. "Let's have a look at you, ok." he looks around at Lo'ak's body. Jake assures everyone that he's fine but then Neytiri comes over yelling his name.

     "I pray for the strength that I will not pluck the eyeballs out of my youngest son!" Neytiri snarls, motioning her hand at his face, Lo'ak just rolls his eyes and turns his head away. Then Tonowari says something.

    "No. My son knows better than to take him outside the reef." He says looking between Neytiri and Lo'ak then he looks to Aonung and grabs him by the neck pushing him down to take a knee. "The blame is his." he continues. Jake nods his head and pushes Lo'ak's arm.

    "Okay. Let's go." He says but Lo'ak opens his mouth. making me internally claw at my face.

     "No. This is not Aonung's fault. This was my idea. Aonung tried to talk me out of it. Really." Lo'ak says which Aonung and my self make a confused face. I grab him and pull him down to my level.

    "Lo'ak. What are you doing! Don't take the blame for him! If it's going to be anyone it should be me." I tell him but he puts his hand up and whispers "it's fine". Lo'ak apologizes and goes to climb up but then stops.

     "But before we go...please help my sister, she's terribly injured because I took her with me." he pleads bowing his head.

     "No, I will deal with it on my own, let's just go now before we make things worse." I say hopping up next to him, I push him a bit to tell him to keep walking. "Y/n you need to be treated by the Tsahik." He says seriously. I try to convince him that I'll be fine but my legs become weak and my head feels light causing me to fall but Lo'ak catches me. Everyone around us gasps, Jake and Neytiri come to my side, then Ronal come to me asking me where the wound is, since she couldn't see it on any of my exposed skin. I open my mouth to tell her I'm fine but Lo'ak interrupts.

    "The wound is on her back, well more like in her back." Lo'ak says which makes Ronal look at him and me curiously before turning me around and lifting up my shirt. I hear Neytiri and jake gasp as well as everyone else who could see it making me groan. Then I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and lift me off the ground, I look back and see it's Tonowari, he takes me to their mauri pod, Ronal, my family and some of the village people follow. He sets me down on a mat surrounded by all sorts of stuff of Tsahik. Ronal then comes up to me.

     "You need to take off your top for this and if you can't, I will cut it off. " She says holding up a knife, I try to move my arms but it hurts to much and I nod my head signaling for her to cut it off. She immanently cuts down the back and tears it off leaving me in my sports bra. Neytiri comes into the pod Infront of me as well as Neteyam. I then feel her hands on the wound, making me hiss but she continues examining it before she finally speaks. 

     "Well the good news is, I can take it out but it will be painfully because I can't take it out quickly since it's so deep inside...So prepare yourself." She says. I nod and look at Neytiri and Neteyam, who have sad and worried expressions on their faces. Brother grabs my hand squeezing it slightly and Neytiri holds my face. I smile slightly, turning my attention to Ronal.

     "This will take about an hour or so. I will began now." She says. I turn back facing the ground as I breath in deeply to calm my self but then I feel an intense trike of pain.

     "Ahhhh." I cry out. The pain starts to get worse, I grip onto Neteyams hand tightly as I let out a blood curdling scream. Tears starts to form and stream down my face, Neytiri rubs my face wiping the tears. I then feel a wave of surging pain, my eyes go wide as I gasp.

     "Arghhh, Ahhhhhh." I scream, Neteyam then lets go of my hand and goes out of the Mauri pod for a second. Neytiri then cups my face turning my head to her.

     "I know it hurts but I know you have to keep going for the rest of the hour, me and Neteyam will be with you right here. So stay strong." She says wiping more tears. I nod my head as I bear through the pain, then Neteyam comes back but with a piece of leather with his hands.

     "Here, bite down on this sister." he tells me as he brings it to my mouth. I bite down on it as a another wave of pain hits, the leather slightly muffling my screams of pain.

3rd POV

     Jake, Lo'ak, and Tonowari were outside the mauri pod listening to Y/n's screams, Kiri had taken Tuk back to their own pod after hearing Y/n's first cry. Neteyam had just come out and asked jake if he had any leather for Y/n to bite onto, which he did on his arm. he took it off quickly giving it to Neteyam. Now they just wait until their finished inside, hoping she'll be okay.

1 Hour Later-Neteym's POV

     It had been an hour now and Ronal had just gotten the last bit of the tooth out but Y/n had passed out from the pain which I was glad for because it was painful to hear her screams. She was now taking a well deserved rest, the Tsahik said she was fine as she patched up her wound, I look over at mother and see her holding Y/n's head in her lap. I'm proud of my sister, she stayed strong and was going to live...Thank you Ewya for giving Y/n the strength to go through this.