The Child

I am Y/n Sully, I am the daughter of Jake and Neytiri Sully, the oldest out of all my siblings including my twin brother, Neteyam. Though I love my family, I'm a failure, a freak, an abomination since the moment I was born.

    Unfortunately, I was not full Na'vi ,like the rest of the siblings, but at least they look the part. I was born Human. I didn't have blue skin with beautiful patterns or spots that glowed like they did, I didn't have a tail or big yellow eyes and I didn't have a Na'vi nose, Nor did I have big ears. I did have fangs though that grew as I got older, 2 sets in fact like my dad, I also have some height but not like a Na'vi. I'm about 6'3 which is tall for a human but compared to the Na'vi I was the height of the 10 year olds and there's no guarantee that I'll ever get to adult Na'vi size. Lastly, I have a Queue, which I wasn't born with, it just growing out of my head at age 11 and I haven't told my family about yet or anyone keeping it hidden under my hair.

When I was born, it was a big shock to my grandma Moat and my dad Jake when I came out of my mom, Neytiri cuz of the lack of blue skin but instead having brown skin instead.

SIDE NOTE: I know that Human Jake Sully is white but lets just imagine that somewhere in his family genes or one of ancestors had some melanin, especially since it's the future and interracial couples and mixed people would become even more common.

In the beginning of my life, as early as I can remember, I didn't really spend that much time in the village but more time with the scientists, learning about earth and how it was once a beautiful place with all these wonderful things, my favorite things about earth are the animals, the languages, the art and the food. Anyways, the scientist were very curious about me and my special case, they ran tests on me every-once in a while to make sure my health was good and to figure out how my situation was even possible. Something that they found about me from those tests when I was first born was that I can breath both Earth and Pandora air without a mask for either side, so they usually put their attention more on that so I don't die when I'm wondering the forest or in the lab with them. Norm and Max were like my besties, I spent most of my time with them more than my actual family because they always seemed a little awkward when I was around.

My family, though I love them very much, I didn't spend that much time with them as I got older. I always felt like the odd one out and I was of course but they always treated me like I was fragile and I couldn't do all the things my siblings did, which I understood but still disappointing. For example, getting my own Ikran was a big dream of mine as well as becoming a warrior but before my queue started growing I knew it would never happen and even after I knew my parents wouldn't allow me, so I blew off the idea.

     My dad, Toruk Makto, I was a bit more closer to him than the others because he was once a human and could relate and understand me more as I grew up. My younger brother, Lo'ak, was always asking questions when he was younger, about me, I didn't really mind  or got uncomfortable answering like my parents or the scientists. I think the only time it did was when he would ask how I could ever be his sister when I'm not even Na'vi, he was young when he asked this so he didn't know any better but so was I and it hurt. My dear sister Kiri, so beautiful and wise, she treated me well, like an equal but still was a bit stand off-ish at times because of the villagers that talked. Other than that I had never got to spend that much time with her. The youngest Tuk, a sweetie really, gonna be taller than me soon in a few years. Always runs to me when she sees me and gives me a hug but never stays too long before going off to the other Na'vi children. Neteyam, it was lonely when he was born, all the attention gone to him by my parents and the villagers, the golden child. I loved him of course but watching him be favored so quickly just because he came out a true Na'vi wounded me for a long time. He still tried to include me in things still even if it didn't work sometimes.

     The one person in my family that I feel is the most uncomfortable around me is my mom Neytiri, and that took me a long time to fully understand and figuring out the reason why. So I understand how overwhelming it would be to have a sky person for a daughter, as now flesh and blood. She was a good mom though and took care of me as much care as she did the rest of my siblings before I started separating myself away from the family. I did that for mostly their benefit because of how some of the people of the village talked about them. So now I spend most of my days with the scientists learning about Earth and Pandora. As well as going on my own adventures through the forest, studying the animals, the forest itself and overall just embracing nature and occasionally visiting my family with Spider who I considered more of a Na'vi than me.

As of right now I was sitting high on a tree looking at the stars...

Huh.

A new star.

Sky people.