Outside the Reef?

Ronal POV

'Gasp'
The Demon just fainted and fell to the ground. Tonowari and me go to her quickly, he picks her up and sets her down in our pod. I put my hand under her head, to lay her down gently, since I noticed a wound...huh, what's this.

Y/n's POV

     I hear voices, as I slowly open my eyes. I look up at Ronal and Tonowari but they're not looking right at me but looking at something in Ronal's hand. I turn my head to the left and my heart drops.

Ronal had my queue in her hand. They now notice that I'm awake, I get up hurriedly, snatching my queue from my hand. They both look at me in shock, Ronal then speaks.

"It seems you are Jake and Neytiri's daughter and by the way I patched up your head." She says. I bring my hand up to touch my forehead and there's a dried seaweed patch on it.

"Please, speak nothing of this, especially to my parents. I'm not ready yet...Oh and thank you for fixing me up" Is all I say and soon leaving not waiting for a response.

Later

     I was in the mauri pod with Kiri, Neytiri and Jake. We were wrapping some food in these big leaves to cook them, while Jake was outside carving something. Although, the way Kiri was wrapping them caught me and Neytiri's attention.

     "What is wrong?" Neytiri asks, jake looking over to see what's going on.

     "Nothing. I'm fine. Why should I not be fine?" Kiri says, throwing down the leave wrap. I look at Neytiri as she goes over to Kiri.

     "Why can't I just be like everyone else? And Y/n got hurt because of me." Kiri ask her self and us. I look at Kiri sadly and put my hand on her shoulder, rubbing her it slightly.

     "Kiri, don't worry its not your fault, I was the one who stepped up." I say to her. trying to console her.

     "Oh, Kiri" Neytiri says, pushing Kiri's hair behind her ear. Kiri turns away, moving away a bit. Me and mom look at each other worryingly and at Kiri.

     We continue with the wrapping but with a bit more tension in the air.

later

     I was on the beach, collecting seashells. Lately I've been getting more freedom to go out on my own but not for too long though. But it's enough for me to not go insane. It's gives me time to think about stuff, like for example who to tell next about my queue. Neteyam, Ronal and Tonowari already know so that leaves Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuk, I'm still not sure about Neytiri and Jake though.

     I think I'll tell Lo'ak next since he seems to be the most understanding one. But where is he is the question, I know he went to go apologize to Aonung but he's been gone for a bit. Maybe Neteyam knows where he is.

     Neteyam is out in the water, practicing to ride his Ilu. I dive down under the water and head towards him. Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I last went for a swim, guess because I was trapped in the mauri pod with my growing depression.

     I pop my head out of the water and accidently scare Neteyam because when he looked to his right, he saw me and screamed falling off his Ilu. My eyes go wide but I then burst into a fit of laughter, Neteyam looks at me with a pout on his face before getting back on his Ilu.

     "That's not funny Y/n." He says still holding that pout.

     "It was a little funny." I reply to him, putting my fingers close together.

     "What do you need anyway?" He asks.

     "D-Do you know where Lo'ak is? I'm going to tell him a-about my queue." I say to him, struggling a bit though since I cant touch the sea floor, kicking my legs to stay above the water. He ponders for a bit but tells me that he doesn't know either, I thank him and swim back to the shore.

     "Well that was a fail." I say to myself and stand up out of the water. I then hear laughing, I look around and see Aonung and his friends coming from the water. I et closer to them hiding behind a bush listening to their conversation, hoping they'll say something about Lo'ak.

    "I can't believe that freak actually thought we wanted to be friends, what a joke." one of them said.

     "Yeah, he'll definitely learn his lesson outside the reef." Another says laughing. They head off into the village and I come out of my hiding spot.

     'Outside the reef?'...What the hell did Aonung do. I have to do something, I promised myself that I would protect my siblings when we got here, so I guess here's my chance.

     I go into the water to see if Neteyam is still where he was, since he could help as well but he wasn't. Shit, I should probably get jake but I don't know where he is eith-...what was that, I just felt something brush my leg and it was definitely big. I slowly look into the water and it's a skimwing, it swims around me before stopping Infront of me. I look at it in the eye and it's staring right back at me too, not in a threatening way but it's almost as if it want me to ride it. My eyes widen at the thought, I test the waters and went to touch it and it let me, ok it didn't bite my hand off.

    "Ewya, is this a sign from you?" I ask in Na'vi, stroking the skimwing. "I pray that it is." I continue. I have never made a connection to Ewya or any creatures, so this would be my first to connect with a creature, especially one like this because the warriors rode these ones. Well here goes nothing, I unravel my queue, taking it in hand and connect with the skimwing

     Hah~, there are no words to describe this feeling, I can feel the skimwing's breath, the power in it's tail, wings, the memories of it as well and the skimwing could feel everything I was feeling too. I hop on its back, grabbing the handle near it's head.

     'Let's go.' I tell it in my head and it goes under the water, although this is my first time using my queue I do know how it works. I have a bit of trouble at first but I'm able to hold on and I head outside of the reef.

Authors message:

Thank you to the readers for the support and helping me make it to 1000 reads in a only a week.