Ilu's?

"Ilu's?" I asked Lo'ak. Lifting up my head from the necklace I was making. Lo'ak was about to head out with the others to todays lesson.

"Yeah, there the animals that we see in the water, we're gonna learn how to ride one today. Are you not going to come?" Lo'ak said.

"No, there's no point." I replied, the last part a lie, if only he knew. He nodded understanding and left.

I guess I'll have to stay in all day, I was alone right now in the mauri pod, no sign of Jake or Neytiri. Tonowari did say that I can't be left alone but I'm too afraid to go out there, so I'll just stay in here.

I then hear some whispering on the outside or the pod, soon after three little heads poking out from the corner to look inside the mauri pod. Oh, they're just kids, I look up at them and smile waving my hand to say hello and they quickly retreat.

That's actually been happening a lot, Na'vi kids would come by the pod and even a few adults to get a look at the "tiny sky person". I wasn't here all time so I would about to from either Jake or Neytiri. I don't really mind that much but between, that, my siblings kept busy with their lessons and my parents also learning as well, I've been feeling kind of lonely and depressed. Before in the forest, I had the other humans and Avatars to talk to but here I have no one. Not even Neteyam. There's also no way for me to contact them, that I know of.

     Ever since Tsireya figured I was already skilled enough with my free diving, she said I didn't need to come to the lessons until further notice. So, I've just been in the mauri pod a lot, you may be thinking "what does she do with all this free time?", well honestly, nothing, what I mean by nothing, is waking up, putting away my stuff, making some food for myself and then just staring out into the reef to keep my sanity intact. I've barely interacted with anyone, my family knocking out as soon as they get home and leaving early in the morning. The village people clearly not an option, they would try to kill me on site.

     Although throughout my "depression" week, I've been overhearing that some of the patchwork on the bridges and paddle boats have been unraveling. Maybe I'll learn how to the stich pattern, like Tonowari said "so they don't suffer the shame of being useless" which I'm starting to feel. Guess I have something to do and it's something to help the village.

     "Y/n, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with everybody else?" I slightly jump at the sudden voice, I look up. It's Neytiri, it's mom. Her and jake don't see me often because of their busy schedules, she probably assumes that I'm gone most of the day with my siblings.

     "Oh well, today their learning how to ride an Ilu, so there's no reason for me to join them and the chief's daughter said that since I'm already good at free diving, I don't need to go the lessons until further notice." I explain to her, turning my head back at the reef.

     "I see." She responds shortly.

Neytiri's POV

     No lessons until further notice? So she's just been in here all day, for how long has she been spending her days in here. Possibly the whole week, I hope she's doing ok.

    But maybe she's not because now that I look at her face, she looks tired and sad. I know that she's human but she's still family, she's still my daughter, my first born. I hope that during our time here well grow closer.

Y/n's POV

     Neytiri stood there for a second looking at me and then going into the pod, going on about her business, leaving soon after. Like I said before she was awkward around me and so was I a bit, maybe during our stay here, well grow closer.