Tulkun

I was now outside the reef, going over the waves of the ocean, now realizing I had no idea where they took Lo'ak but I had a strong feeling that I was going in the right direction. Although when I look around there's just water, oh wait I think I see something up a head, it's three big rocks.

     When I get closer, I see a figure above the water yelling out, it's Lo'ak. Thank you great mother.  When I get closer, I shout his name waving my hand.

     "LO'AK, OVER HERE!" I yell to him, he looks over to the sound of my voice and smiles, along with some shock on his face.

     "Y/N, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HE-." Lo'ak yells back but he's gets cut off as he's flung into the air by something coming out of the water. Its some type of beast with a mouth that splits into three and it tries to take a bite out of the the ilu, all of them falling back into the water.

     I quickly dive into the water looking for Lo'ak, I see him but the beast had lost interest in the Ilu , noticing Lo'ak, it quickly swims over to Lo'ak and so do I as in a race to see who will reach him first. But the beast is closer and Lo'ak swims into the coral. I go around the it and grab Lo'ak, he holds onto me as we both look back and see it right on our tail. It gets closer and closer, then suddenly Lo'ak jumps off and into the rock coral.

     It follows him into the coral breaking all the pieces, not giving up until it corners Lo'ak into a space it can't fit it's head in. It goes back out and see's me, I tell my skimwing to go faster as it chases us. I go in all sorts of directions to try to get away and go get Lo'ak but it's not giving up. Going past another big piece of coral I see Lo'ak swimming up, he proabably can't hold his breath any longer. Making a right, I head to him with the beast almost right next to me, out of the corner of my eye I see something coming for us but I wasn't fast enough to get out of the way and get thrown off my skimwing and hit with a fin, knocking out.

Later

     Cold water splashes on me, waking me up, opening my eyes brightness fills them making me squint. I feet an arm touch my own and turn my head to see some blue, he seems to have woken up as well.

     "Lo'ak." I say softly reaching for him arm. He immediately turns his head to me, his eyes wide.

     "Y/n, a-are you okay?" He asks.

     "Yes, I'm fine, are you alright?" I say.

     "Yea, I'm good but w-were you riding a skimwing?" Lo'ak asks.

     "Uhhhh, yeah I was, but we'll talk about it later, I need to find him so we can get back." I say looking around, moving up on the rock that we were on but it felt kinda weird for a rock. We both look around until we see these four holes and then water sprouts out surprising us both.

     "Holy shit." We say simultaneously, we relies this is not a rock and were on to of an animal. I look a head and see too big horns. Lo'ak then grabs me, pulling me into the water with him. I stay close to him, to ease the creature just in case it attacks because of me even if it did save us. Brother and me go up to its fin that has an arrow type thing in it, we go to its eye, well eyes since it has 2. We sit up on it's fin, now that I have a good look at it, I think this is a Tulkun, Tsireya had talked about them before.

     "Brother, I think this a Tulkun." I whisper to him. His ear twitches and he nods his head.

     "You're a tulkun." Lo'ak says, the tulkun makes a sound in response. "You saved my life. Thank you" he continues, he also makes the sign for thank you. The Tulkun makes a another sound but a bit differently.

     "You saved my life as well, even though I'm human." I say and sign to the tulkun. It makes another sound like the one before which makes me smile.

     "Buddy, we have no idea what you just said." Lo'ak says chuckling. The tulkun then makes another sound but averts its eye's to the thing in it's fin. We both look at it, then each other.

     "They hurt you, didn't they?" Lo'ak asks, the tulkun makes a sound as if to confirm that.

     "We'll try to pull it out. Just trust us ok." Brother and me try to pull it out but it's stuck from the bottom.

     "Brother, go underneath and tell me when to pull it out." I say to him, he nods and goes under. I then see him start to twist something with his arm, a second later he nods his head at me. I pull it out and drop into the water. Brother get's back on next to me and makes the friends sign to the tulkun and says it. The tulkun bellows at this

     "That's right, we're friends. Friends" Brother says to the tulkun, smiling. The tulkun makes a happy sound and pulls down his fin which pulls us down into the water. We come back up and then it takes up its fin and brings it over us.

     "Whoa, Whoa! Bro!" Brother says putting his hand up

     "Ey, Ey calm down!" I say as it pushes up back down into the water. Brother puts his arms up and raises his eyebrows as of to say 'what the hell'. The tulkun whistles and swims in a circle, coming back to us. Then I feel something beside me and see the skimwing. I smile and pet it's head and connect with it swimming around.

     Me and brother swim together with my skimwing and the tulkun. Making all the same movements, swimming next to each other. We noticed that the tulkun was missing a fin and Lo'ak said sorry, that must have been from the humans. A little while later, we were just relaxing and it had gotten darker, Lo'ak asked me about "it".

     "So, Y/n you have a queue?" He says.

     "Yea, I wasn't born with it, it just started growing when I was 11 and you were only seven." I say kicking my feet in the water. "I had already told Neteyam before we left the forest aaaaaaaand the Tsahik and Olo'eyktan too." I add on.

     "Wait  the tsahik and olo'eyktan, you told them or they found out about it and if they did, how?" He asks.

     "That's something that I'm keeping to myself but don't worry, it's not important." I say chuckling as he opens his mouth to say something but doesn't, crossing his arms like a little kid.

     "Well, I'm happy for you. You know if you think about it, you're the first human to be able to experience it and that's not counting the avatars, I'm talking about a almost raw human." He says.

     "Huh...Yeah, I guess so." I say nodding my head.