Chapter 23

TW: DEATH, BLOOD, ANGST!

"...Siri,"
Pure Vanilla muttered as he looked over at the grieving child. Sitting crouched on the damp grass as they hugged the hat close to their chest, their fists turning white from how hard they were grasping onto the purple fabric.

"...leave,"
They said. Their tone was direct and harsh. They did not even bother raising their head to face Pure Vanilla.

"Siri please-"
"I said, LEAVE!"
Siri whipped their head back, staring at Pure Vanilla with a look of pure hatred and spite. Their eyes were wide open, cracks in their dough had began to appear, rays of white light seem to escape from these cracks. They looked enraged...Magic surrounding them as small leaves and loose objects had began to hover above the ground. Even Siri's hair had fallen victim to their magic. Those short strands of hair lifting into the air as they slightly shifted every now and then.
Pure Vanilla looked horrified at the moment, seeing how spiteful Siri was.
"My child, there are better ways to handle this grief,"
Pure Vanilla said, trying to approach Siri.
"No. Stop. LEAVE! WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE YOU- YOU IDIOT!"
Siri hollered, their voice echoing through the forest and rustling the leaves and foliage. Seeing that Pure Vanilla seemed unfazed, they got frustrated. They looked around frantically, reaching for a rock nearby and hurling it at Pure Vanilla. However, they were clearly to be engulfed with grief to even aim at the healer, as the rock was sent flying to a tree.
Pure Vanilla only got closer.

"No...NO! NO NO NO! STAY AWAY!"
Siri sobbed, shifting away from Pure Vanilla, hugging their knees close to their chest as they refused to even look up into the healer's eyes. Pure Vanilla looked at them, a somber and depressed look in his eyes as he reached forward.

"GET AWAY!"
Siri hissed, slapping Pure Vanilla's hand away from them hastily the moment he felt him get too close. Pure Vanilla flinched for a moment, taking a step back as he rubbed his hand a little. He was more sad than hurt now. Sad for Siri. That they had been reduced to such a state.

"I can understand what you've been through my child,"
Pure Vanilla muttered, taking a seat on the grass as he kept away from Siri.
"No you don't. You've been through similar experiences...But you don't know how I feel. How this is. The person you lost wasn't even a relative...Not the man who made you. The man who baked you from the oven. The man who watched you grow..."
Siri muttered.

"Please my child. We can fix this. You just need to let me fix it for you. The others are worried. They are wondering where you went,"
Pure Vanilla lied through his teeth...

"No they don't. I'm not stupid. I'm not a stupid child,"
Siri grumbled.
"But you are a child aren't you?"
Pure Vanilla asked, his face turning pale and he turned visibly upset hearing that.

~Meanwhile with Wildberry~
"I can't understand why they would do that- can you?"
Wildberry asked Clotted Cream.
"Well- what they did was wrong...But they definitely have some reason,"
Clotted Cream muttered, clearly thinking hard but such a matter.
"Reason or not, it can't excuse what they did. Sure killing Custard may be acceptable since...Since he was a bad person- but destroying to places in the Crème Republic? Even if they were bad people, that's too far. They hurt innocent people too. People who wanted nothing to do with such crimes Clotted,"
Wildberry said.
"Yeah. But they're young. I'm not saying it excuses what they did, but their views on justice and morality are...Really really different,"
Clotted Cream tried to explain for Siri to make them at least less culpable for the heinous crimes they have committed.
Wildberry sighed...
"I just don't know why they would do that...And would a kid even get access to such powerful magic anyways? How does that work?"
Wildberry questioned.
"I'm not sure either Wild. But it's like that. ....We can only hope they accept what they did wrong and try to atone for their actions. It's not too late for them. They can still change. They are still young. There is still a chance to improve,"
Clotted said, looking desperate.

As much as Wildberry hated to admit it now, he was worried for Siri too. Because they had put themself into a risky and dangerous situation. First committing horrible crimes, then just running off. They could be in danger, they could have a bounty over their head, a bounty some people would definitely try to take down for the money. Because if they have committed such awful crimes, surely the money....What was he thinking? But really, he was worried for Siri. They were trouble. They were clearly troubled, and they had just jumped into hot water.
They really were so young....wildberry could only hope that they would be okay...

....

"I....You...."
Siri muttered, looking down at their stomach to where a spear had been sent through. Pure Vanilla looked at them, a pained expression.
"My child...oh my sweet sweet child..."
He sobbed, looked remorseful...His hand was clasped over his mouth as Siri stared at him blankly, horrified. Jam began to drip from the corners of their mouth, dropping onto the grass as they looked at Pure Vanilla in pain. They looked at their gloved hands. Red jam coated and stained those black leather gloves they spent ages polishing. How the crimson coated the golden lining they took so long to get sparkling. The watched as the jam dripped down the wound and down onto their shoes. How to soiled those clean boots they wore.
"...I..."
Siri feel silent, before collapsing to their knees and falling back, their head hitting the soft green grass as their eyes began to become glossy as they stared up into the sky. Pure Vanilla walked over and sat down next to the dying child.
"...My child..."
Pure Vanilla said, gently grabbing Siri's hand and giving it a squeeze.
"...I..I don't...I don't wanna be alone..."
Siri muttered, sounding terrified of the mere idea of being left to die alone.
"You'll never be alone...I'll be here..."
Pure Vanilla cooed.

Eventually, Siri's eyes became glossy, nothing more than two marbles in their eye sockets. Their blood ran cold and all warmth in their body left them. Pure Vanilla watched...his heart aching with guilt.

He had killed them.