𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

꧂𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎, 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷. 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍?

☞︎𝚈𝚎𝚜. 𝙽𝚘

𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗...

𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎?

☞︎𝚈𝚎𝚜. 𝙽𝚘

𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗...꧁

...

It was nighttime now. Wildberry was laying in the bed, his eyes half opened as he stared at the ceiling mindlessly. His gauntlet was on the ground as he continued to contemplate about the child he saw earlier that day.

What time was it now?

He wondered as he sat up to look at the grandfather clock in the room. It was quite literally 1 in the morning. He sighed, he clearly couldn't sleep. He didn't have any tea or coffee that night. Nor did he have anything to sugary. So why was he still awake? He would normally be asleep by now. Yet he wasn't.

He tried to shut his eyes and go to sleep, when he heard something. Footsteps.

He instantly sat up again, sliding out the velvet sheets, grabbing his gauntlet and rushing out the room, only to be greeted by the same person the previous day.
They seemed to be intrigued as they looked at him for a Solti moment before walking off.
Wildberry started trailing after them, following them as they walked through the still castle.

They glanced back to face him, looking at him for a split moment before they jumped and vanished through the ground. Wildberry let out a shocked look only to see them popping out of a wall a few feet away from him.

So with that, he started to chase after them. They seemed to notice the chase as they started to run too, skidding through the maze like halls of the Vanilla Castle. They were stupid fast. It was almost as if they saw Wildberry as a threat and were running from him. They started to sing as they rushed through the halls, leading Wildberry somewhere away from his chamber. They skipped through, almost floating in the air as they continued to sprint, now sprinting down a flight or of stairs.

𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎...𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎...𝙻𝚊 𝚂𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚎...𝙻𝚊 𝚂𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚎...𝙻𝚊 𝚂𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚎~!

They started to sing as they ran down another flight of stairs, Wildberry still chasing them. After countless flights of stairs, they finally reached the bottom as they dashed out an open door into another area. This time, it was shrouded with greenery. Under the cover of moonlight, the plants seemed to give off a slight bluish glow as while Wildberry still pursued after the person.

They were quite tall. Were they his age? Or were they just...Tall?

The two rushed through the thick bushes, Wildberry getting small scratches from the branches. The person he was chasing slowed down for a moment, most likely to catch their breath. Wildberry caught up and tried to grab them, only for them to start running again, slicing through the bushes at an even faster rate.
Wildberry had to take to his heels again as he continued chasing after the person. The bushes seemed to twist and turn, as Wildberry wondered when it was going to stop.

Finally, the bushes stopped as the person jumped out and ran off, phasing through the floor like it was nothing, causing Wildberry to stop in his tracks as he looked at where the person once stood as he lifted his head. The sound of running water broke the silence as he glanced about, trying to find the person he was just chasing when he noticed someone sitting on the fountain's edge.

A blonde was engrossed in a book as he browsed through he pages. Wildberry felt a little daunted, as he stepped back. He wanted to run off, but he felt awkward and weird. Something seemed to push him forward as he felt himself stumble.

"Mhm..?"

The blonde let out a confused hun as he too lifted his head. And oh boy...Wildberry felt the embarrassment rush to his face. The person he was chasing earlier popped ou their head, standing next to him before nudging him towards the blonde, soon vanishing.

"W-What? Was I dreaming, or did I see a kid?"
Wildberry felt himself blurt out as he felt his arm, only for the blonde to shake his head.
"No. They have a habit of appearing and disappearing. When I first met them, I questioned if they were actually human,"
the blonde stated as he stood up to greet Wildberry.

"Good evening. My name is Clotted Cream. How may I address you?"
Clotted Cream asked Wildberry, who was still in awe.
"A-Ah! Wildberry Sir. My apologies for disturbing you,"
Wildberry quickly greeted, apologising too for interrupting Clotted Cream's reading session.
"No no...No apologies needed. That person you were chasing tends to...Be a little playful. Also, no need to address me as 'Sir'. I prefer to be called be my name. We are all the same after all, aren't we?"
Clotted Cream stated as he gave Wildberry a light smile. Wildberry tried to give him a small smile, in an attempt to reciprocate to the blonde's act but struggled to do so.
"Wait...You look a little familiar...Ah yes! You were at the banquet this evening! You were with Miss Hollyberry!"
Clotted Cream stated as he gave another smile.
"H-huh? Oh yes. You are correct..."
Wildberry answered. He did recall seeing someone quite familiar looking to Clotted Cream.
"You probably didn't see me, as it was in fact quite crowded,"
Clotted Cream stated with another smile, extending his hand, as if asking for a hand shake. Wildberry took his hand and shook it lightly.
"Mhm...I suppose so. May I ask however...Are you going to be attending te council meeting..?"
Wildberry asked, a little unsure about if what he was doing was right.
"Mhm! Yes! I am the Consul of the Crème Republic!"
Clotted Cream answered. Wildberry looked at the shorter man in shock but nodded. He did not expect this. Since this meant Clotted Cream was of a very high status. And most of the time, people like that are quite snobby and proud.
"Mhm. Ah! Look at the time. It's almost nearing 2am. We better get to sleep now,"
Clotted Cream stated as Wildberry glanced at him.
"Alright. Goodnight now. Hopefully, we get to know each other another day,"
Clotted Cream said goodbye to Wildberry before leaving the garden, leaving Wildberry in a daze.

...

Wildberry sighed before going back to the chamber. This time, he felt exhausted and instantly rushed to the bed he was provided. As he the world around him darkened, he fell asleep with the in minutes. As he slept, part of his mind couldn't let go of the image of the person he had just met...

...

꧂𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝚆𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚎𝚍?

☞︎𝚈𝚎𝚜. 𝙽𝚘

𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗...

𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎?

☞︎𝚈𝚎𝚜. 𝙽𝚘

𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗...꧁