Chapter 39 : New Power

Start from the beginning

Orochimaru shuddered at the thought. To achieve the Mangekyou Sharingan without Uchiha blood was a near-impossible feat. He would need an extraordinary stroke of luck, akin to being a rare and unique genius.

"You could also directly absorb the Mangekyou Sharingan," White Scale pointed out, staring at Orochimaru as if he were a fool. "But keep in mind, the power you absorbed this time belonged to an individual whose abilities have been depleted. It won't offer significant benefits."

"Oh, I see," Orochimaru nodded, "But what about my Sharingan's abilities?"

"I haven't tested it yet," White Scale retorted impatiently, causing a burst of blood-red light to engulf Orochimaru. Eventually, the power concentrated in his eyes and merged into his snake-like pupils.

As Orochimaru opened his eyes, he witnessed a peculiar dark red circle surrounding his now-cracked pupils, giving the impression of dual pupils. The red light within them flowed slowly, exuding a captivating allure.

"Is this the power of the Sharingan?" Orochimaru realized that in this state, his various mental abilities were boosted by approximately 30%. He could clearly see the flow of chakra, had enhanced dynamic vision, and a stronger illusion ability.

A 30% power increase should not be underestimated. Orochimaru's power base was already formidable, and now, even without the true bloodline, these eyes were potent and surpassed an ordinary Sharingan.

"Is this the strength born from risking my life?" Orochimaru's pupils reverted to dark gold. "Not bad." A smile crept across his face, contemplating the fate of the Uchiha clan and the significance of the Sharingan.

"Strange!" Orochimaru pondered aloud, "The Orochimaru in the original book possessed a stock of Sharingan eyes. He acquired them through transactions with Danzo or other channels, yet he didn't replace his own eyes. Why?"

"White Scale, do you know..." Orochimaru began to ask, but was promptly interrupted.

"Alright, you can leave now!" White Scale's impatience was evident as the space around Orochimaru became turbulent, signifying his return to reality.

"Hey, where am I?" Orochimaru found himself in a dimly lit room, realizing it was not a hospital.

"He's awake." Orochimaru overheard voices outside the room.

Shortly after, two individuals donning animal masks entered to examine him. Orochimaru felt quite well, despite a few needles stuck into his body.

"You're awake."

"Yes, where am I?"

"You are suspected of involvement in Konoha's terrorist attack. Come with us. Do not resist. This is the territory of Konoha's Anbu."

Orochimaru was taken aback, realizing he was being treated like a criminal.

"Wait, let me explain. Those Uchiha guys tried to arrest me, but I defended myself and ended up killing one of them," Orochimaru began concocting a story.

"Why did they want to arrest you? How many were there? How did you defeat them?" The interrogating ninja maintained a stoic expression.

"You should ask them. I just... and then..." Orochimaru activated his Sharingan, emanating a sinister smirk.

"Very well... But be aware that this incident has significant implications, and Hokage-sama may wish to speak with you." The interrogator's eyes also glinted with red light as he left the room silently.

"Teacher, those Uchiha are truly arrogant. They don't regard you seriously!" Danzo spoke up, taking the lead this time.

"And Uchiha Takumi?" Tobirama, equally displeased, inquired.

"Uchiha Takumi claimed that it was the doing of their third elder, acting on his own. He has taken responsibility for the incident and committed suicide. Additionally, severe measures have been taken against his entire lineage," Danzo sneered. "That old man couldn't have been unaware of the situation. Orochimaru was also quite suspicious, but at that time..."

"I'll handle this matter. You need not worry about it," Tobirama responded.

"...Yes, teacher."

"The Uchiha clan's resolution seems too convenient. I recall that the Konoha Guards did not intervene during the incident. Since they lack the capability, we shall demand some power from them," Tobirama said coldly.

"But they might not agree," Danzo calmly noted.

"That doesn't concern me," Tobirama replied, gazing down at Konoha Village from the window.

"The war is approaching. We require the strength of prominent families and their unwavering loyalty, as well as their sacrifices, don't we?"

Tobirama's eyes radiated dominance. This village demanded unity, and any uprising would be extinguished!

.....

Orochimaru sat silently on a small square stool while Tobirama paced before him, observing him carefully.

"We meet again, and you truly are exceptional," Tobirama scrutinized Orochimaru.

"Uh... Hokage-sama, I just..."

"No need to explain. Everyone harbors their own secrets, don't they?" Tobirama interrupted, devoid of any tone in his voice.

"I don't care about the Uchiha's actions towards you, nor how you handled them. It appears you were successful in your endeavors?"

"...It was a mere stroke of luck," Orochimaru replied, feeling a bead of sweat forming on his forehead. He knew better than to try and deceive someone of Tobirama's stature. Even Orochimaru from the original story might not have been able to confront this man in the later stages of his life!

"You are a prodigy, but prodigies always have their own ideas," Tobirama sighed, reminiscing about someone.

"Now, about the Uchiha matter, what do you wish to explain?"

Tobirama's words carried no emotion, just a flat and composed statement.

"The Chunin exams are approaching. I wish to join the Anbu and contribute my strength to the village," Orochimaru said with a sigh. How could he desire to join the Anbu? But now, he had to approach this transformation carefully.

Tobirama's strength, indifference, and pragmatism made Orochimaru realize that he couldn't simply hide his true intentions. He lacked the benevolence of the First Hokage or the compromise of the Third Hokage. This was the mark of a qualified Hokage!

It seems I am still too weak, and for now, I must compromise before a true powerhouse.

Perhaps I was too impatient? I exposed myself too early, all for the sake of power?

Orochimaru gave a wry smile. He knew he was no great actor.

"Lord Tobirama, during the past six months, I remained in the medical class, genuinely studying healing techniques. In the process, I developed a new healing ninjutsu!"

Orochimaru lifted his head, revealing a somewhat forced smile. Acting wasn't his forte.

"Oh? Really!" Tobirama's interest piqued at the mention of a new ninjutsu.

I'm sorry, Tsunade, but your Mystical Palm technique might be unveiled ahead of time.

************

If you are interested in reading upto 70 early chapter please visit,

https://ko-fi.com/aayume

*************

Support me on my patreon and read upto 30 early chapters for only $1.

https://www.patreon.com/Unique_Writer