32

Deva

As the song proceeds to play on the headphone, it evoked millions of emotions inside me. How could she mistrust me to this level!? Am I really that worse? Perhaps I'm.

It's partly my fault for teasing her frequently. As a result, even when my feelings are real, she has a hard time believing in me. Her insecurities are valid but it makes me mad that she cares so much of the things that I don't give a fuck about.

Opening my eyelids, I gaze numbly at the birth of dawn. What am I supposed to do now? I love her insanely and I don't think I could bear to lose her!

Love is like the widespread sky...

It never stumbles down...

Tears are like the rainy clouds, which never fails to pour down...

When the fish cries inside the ocean, no one could recognize it's tears...

I pause the song, unable to contain myself. I might explode into tears If I continue to listen to the song.

A few minutes later, the train pulls over and I hop down, planning to arrive at Harsh's home instead of my apartment. I need someone to talk to and who could be the best choice other than my buddy. He sucks sometimes but I don't have any other person to rely on during such tough times.

Boarding a taxi, I attain Harsh's home where rarely his parents would stay. They are always on some vacation or on business trips, leaving the guy by himself. And you know what he does? He brings various prostitutes to the home and has sex with them.

I don't support it but it's his life and he can do whatever the hell he wants unless it doesn't harm anyone.

With an increasing migraine, I saunter to his home and press the calling bell. A while later, the door opens and a half-naked Harsh with merely a shorts on stands stunned upon seeing me. "What?" I ask dryly as I push him aside and enter.

Red heels and a black tiny dress were splayed over the living room and I immediately understood why he was shocked. Dismissing the said objects, I discard my travel backpack over the couch and plopped next to it.

"Why are you here without informing me beforehand..." He approaches me, seeming nervous while I send him a suspicious glance. "I mean...I wouldn't have gotten a girl over here If I knew that you would come," He scratches his head. "As If I care about it," I shrug nonchalantly.

"Um...why don't you refresh first? I will send the girl away in the meantime," he croaks out, still sounding unsettled. "I'm going to. But tell me what happened to Iniya? How is her mother? And lastly, why the fuck do you have a phone If you don't attend the call and don't have the manners to ring me back!?" I spill out irritatedly and stand up on my feet.

"Her mother is fine now and I forgot to call you back..." That's a lame excuse. Lending him another look of vexation, I make my way upstairs.

As soon as I open the door to the guest room, I hiss upon forgetting to retrieve the backpack. Ruffling my hair, I get back on the stairs...and froze in my place when my view falls on the lounge.

Iniya has an oversized t-shirt and loose pants on her body as she rushes to grab her heels while Harsh helps her in collecting the black dress. Then they argue lowly over something and Harsh rushes to his room and comes back with a bundle of money.

Only then did Iniya smile at him and runs out of the home.

I wasn't disappointed but astounded beyond words. I knew something is off about her from the beginning but I never speculated that she would be a call girl. "Wonderful job Harsh!" I yell bitterly which renders Harsh to look up at me and gulp.

Stepping downstairs, I stand unmoving while gazing at him fixedly.
"...she was the one who asked for it," I huff at his stupid reasoning. "And you gave in even though you are aware that she is...well, was, my girlfriend,"
He appears guilty but I'm shattered internally by his betrayal.

"I..." He pauses, having no plausible grounds to defend himself. "You disgust me," I spat out, my migraine getting unpleasant the more I look at his countenance.

If I'm not already broken by Thamarai's words, I would have smashed this guy's nose but now all I want to do is to take a rest and get myself together.

"I'm sorry..." I neglect his apology as I sling the backpack on my shoulder. "That's useless Harsh and goodbye..." Mentally exhausted, I stroll outside while Harsh follows me behind.

"Deva..come on, you can't end our friendship here. I'm sorry, okay! I won't do this again," I turn to him with a blank look. "You can't cure the patient who is dead Harsh," I leave him with that and walked away while preventing the tears that pools inside my eyes.

_____________________