Chapter 41

"Chiara?"

I am lost for words. My knees are trembling, my whole body is shaking, my eyes are blurry because of the tears. Gustavo is calming me but I can't contain my emotions anymore. 

I feel like my head turns numb. I can't think of anything to say while looking at the woman whom I though I wouldn't see for the rest of my life. 

She changed. Everything about her changed. Her body, her hair, her aura but still my heart recognizes her. My heart remembers every detail about her.

 She is still the same person I know before. The person who first taught me of everything. The one who taught me how to see life in a beautiful perspective despite the hardships. The one who taught me how to love, how to fight and how to dream. 

My first teacher.  

My first bestfriend.

My Ate Jingjing.

 Oh God. My Ate Jingjing is here. 

She is here. She is alive.

Is this for real? Am I not dreaming? Totoo ba talagang buhay ang Ate ko? Hindi ba ito guni-guni lang?

Ito na ba ang sinasabi ni Gustavo na buhay ang Ate ko? Hindi ba ako nananaginip lang?

 Oh God, please. Please, please, please I'm begging you. 

"B-bunso..." She called. 

That voice– that familiar voice that used to wake me up in the morning. That voice that made me sleep at night. Oh God. That familiar voice that I always listen inside my head every time I feel like I'm giving up. 

"Baby sis." She uttered painfully that made me cry more.  Small sobs escaped from my mouth . 

I stared at her face. Her eyes are filled with unshed tears. Her lips are trembling trying to contain her emotions. 

Ate ko. Siya nga ang Ate Jingjing ko. Hindi ako nanaginip. Totoong nandito sya. Totoong buhay sya. Totoong binalikan niya ako. 

"Chiara..." she called again.

I want to make a move, I want to go to her but I can't. I can't find my strength. I can't find my voice. Shocked is an understatement. I feel like my whole system is being paralyzed. 

Oh God, how did it happen? I saw how they shot her. But thank you. Oh God thank you. 

"Come here, Babysis. Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. Ate won't hurt you." Tuluyan ng nabasag ang boses nya. Yumuyugyog ang balikat at isa-isa nang nag-uunahan ang mga luha sa kanyang pisngi. 

"Ate won't hurt you, Bunso. I won't."

Behind her is a tall man with hazel brown eyes, assisting and comforting her. My eyes went back to my sister. I scanned her whole face she is still my most beautiful Ate. Her beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes is glistening because of the tears.  Then, my eyes landed on her stomach, she has a big bump. She's pregnant. Oh God, my sister is pregnant. 

I cried more realizing that it's not only us anymore. It's not only Ate Jingjing. She came back with a family. Thanks God that despite everything He gave my Ate a family. 

"Bunso ni Ate. Ako ito ang Ate Jingjing mo. Ayaw mo na ba kay Ate?"

Doon na ako tuluyang bumigay. Nanginginig ang mga paa kong dahan-dahang humakbang palapit sa kanya at halos mawalan na akong ng balanse. Nararamdaman ko na rin ang paninikip ng dibdib ko. 

Nilahad niya ang dalawang kamay sa akin. "Bunso ko..."

Her eyes is full of tears as she nodded and stared at me longingly and there without a warning, I closed our distance and hugged her so tight.