When I was done, he lowered his head till he was looking me in the eye and gripped the back of my back, squeezing just a bit.

"If your ass wasn't red already, I would have had you bent over my lap for this. Why the fuck didn't you tell us-"

"I don't know-"

"That's not good enough."

"I'm sorry."

He let go of me and ran a hand through his hair.

"That is her son."

"The boss's?"

"Yes. He works for her. Or, used to. He will be the new head, soon. He could have murdered you in a second, Dahlia. In. One. Fucking. Second."

He grabbed my wrist, not gently but not harshly either, and pulled me out of the greenhouse.

Anxiety burned in my upper stomach, making it hard to breathe. I didn't want him to be mad at me.

I curled my legs against me, looking out of the window, trying to let the slight movement of the car calm me down. But I couldn't calm down. I didn't want him to be mad at me.

I rubbed my upper stomach, closing my eyes. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down.

"Dahlia."

Hedeon.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, digging my face into my knees. "Nothing."

"Dahlia."

Alexandre.

I felt someone pulling at my wrist gently. I looked up.

Alexandre was sitting across from me. He looked all over my face, at the redness of my cheeks and my slightly trembling bottom lip. "Baby."

I tried to take my hand out of his grip. "It's nothing. I just need to...cry it out."

"Come here."

I shook my head. "Please. I don't want to cry right now."

"You don't have to cry, Dahlia. Let me hold you. I'm not mad at you."

"Don't lie to me," I said. "You're mad at me."

He sighed. "Yes. But you're not responsible for my emotions, Dahlia. I'll get over it. I'm more concerned than I am mad. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. I'm sorry for talking to you the way I did."

He is sorry.

I didn't expect him to say that.

"Okay."

"Can I have you on my lap, now?"

I nodded.

He pulled me over his lap, setting my head against his chest. I looked at Hedeon. His face was blank, but his one finger tapped on his knee continuously.

I extended my hand towards him. His lips twitched as he took my hand, pressing a kiss to my palm. "Are you proud of me for not breaking your father's face?"

"Very," I said with a laugh.

He smiled, kissing my plan again and setting it against his face.

This reminded me of Alexandre and Emilia. Where have they gone together? They were the whole reason I went to the greenhouse.

I looked up at Alexandre. "Did...Emilia say something to you?"

"No. She wanted to show me something. I was being polite."

Lie.

"Did she...try anything?"

"No."

That sounded like the truth.

. . .

Lucian Monet

I was eager for them to return.

I paced the deck, hands tucked in my pockets. Andros was sleeping in his room. I had locked the door. He wouldn't be able to get out. But this always worried me, too. He could hurt himself. He had, in the past. But today he insisted.

He wanted to get better. There was just no way for him to do that.

They returned. The limousine Hedeon and Dahlia and taken slid onto the ship. Alexandre's car was behind them, but there was only a driver in there. Which meant they came back together.

Dahlia came into view. She was in Hedeon's arms, her arms wrapped around his neck. Her eyes fell on me and she smiled.

I couldn't help but smile back. "Dahlia."

"Hey." She squirmed in Hedeon's arms till he let her go, rolling his eyes. She walked towards me. I pulled her into me, kissing her.

"How was dinner?"

"Shit."

"Are you still hungry? Andros cooked a bit."

She paused. "I am. I couldn't eat much."

"Go to your room and get comfortable. I'll bring you some good."

"You don't have to do that-"

"Yes, I don't. But I want to." I kissed her forehead, giving her ass a light slap. "Go."

She walked away.

I looked at Hedeon and Alexandre. As soon as she left, their faces shut down.

"What?" I asked.

"Guess who little Dahlia met in the greenhouse?" Hedeon asked.

. . .

I walked into Dahlia's room with a tray in my hands. She was sitting on her bed, watching TV. She paused whatever she was watching just as I entered.

I set the tray on the bed, giving Bobby a stern look that stopped him from stealing. He gave me a look and hopped away, deciding to fight Vaness who had been sleeping. Fucking menace.

"Did Alexandre tell you?" She asked as I sat down on the edge of her bed.

"Yes," I said. "I thought you were comfortable enough with us to tell us things like that, Dahlia. Did I read it wrong?"

She shook her head instantly, eyes widening. "No. You didn't. I'm just...I don't know, I'm just too secretive. I'm used to it. I didn't used to tell Noah most things, too." She bothered her bottom lip. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. Just promise you won't do it again."

"I promise," she said. Vaness hopped on the bed after smacking Bobby across the face. She sat on my lap, blinking up at me. I petted her and she purred.

"Sit with me?" She asked. "Or, do you need to go?"

"I don't. How about I go change and be right back?" I was still in my suit.

She nodded. "Okay."

I took hold of her chin and pressed a kiss on her lips. "Good girl."

She melted into me. I gave her another kiss and then walked away. "Eat your food."

When I was in my bathroom, after taking a shower, I looked at myself in the mirror and realized I had been smiling all this time.

I didn't hate the way Dahlia made me feel.

I think I was addicted to it. I think I was addicted to her.

. . .

(2/4)