32 | Training (again...)

"Oh, you're finally here, meow!"

The class arrived at the training camp five hours more than expected. All are either tired or facing the drawback of their quirks. Staggering to get to the front of their adviser, you were seen being carried by Shoji on his back with his Dupli-arms supporting your body.

Your head aches, "Thank you, Shoji." You manage to say while you groan and try to keep yourself to have a steady mind. Feeling guilty, "I'm sorry that you have to carry me even tho all of us are tired." You slurred.

"It's no problem, [L/N]." Using one of his arms shaped like a mouth, he said, "We wouldn't want you to be alone, trying to find your way to the camp while experiencing your drawbacks."

'But I felt so weak when you guys do things for me.'

You think before fatigue entirely takes over and close your eyes, taking an unexpected nap. And just like that, time passes as you completely miss Mr. Aizawa's talk to grab their bags and Pixie Bob calling dibs on you and four other boys.

"[Y/N] –"

"[Y/N], wake up." You opened your eyes slowly to see a blurry Mina shaking you gently and calling out your name to wake up.

"HmmMm. Five more minutes." You slurred and stirred on the picnic table seat, only to fall on the floor. "Ow!" You cried as you rubbed your right arm and the side of your butt as it impacted the ground first. "Why do I get a sense of deja vu?" You asked yourself as you sat up.

You heard laughs from Sero, Mina, and Bakugou as they watched the scene of you falling. "Bwahaha! Stupid metal girl." Bakugou laughed. "Are you good, [Y/N]?" Mina asked while laughing as she helped you sit on the large wooden bench of the lunch table.

"C'mon, you gotta eat," Mina said as she grabbed a piece of meat with her chopsticks and put it on top of your rice bowl, "You need meat to replenish that drawback of yours." She said.

You stared at your rice bowl, grabbed your chopsticks at your plate, started eating mindlessly, and continued staring at the platter of foods in front. Asui and Mina saw this and snickered at your antics. Her mind is still asleep; so cute!

They begin to put meat and vegetables on your plate as you mindlessly eat what they gave you.

Iida observes how your friends treat you, and he can't help but be curious about your healing methods from your drawback, "I don't get it. I get why foods replenish your energy, but why do [L/N] need to eat those foods for her drawbacks specifically?" He asked. "Doesn't she need to sleep like last time?"

Midoriya stopped looking at Mandalay's nephew as he overheard what Iida asked, turning his focus to his classmate with excited eyes, "[L/N] needs to eat foods that are rich in iron or has iron because she used her quirk too much back at the forest," He explained.

You, who are still eating with a fully charged brain, nod at Midoriya's explanation. Bakugou tsks at this and says, "That's what you get for being so excited in battling out those fucking monsters.".

This made you gulp down your food, "Says the one who is just as excited as me defeating those said monsters." You retorted calmly. The hot-headed hedgehog has none of it as he slams his chopsticks on the table, "What did you just say, huh, metal head?!"

"The truth." You casually say back as you are finished with your food.

Bakugou was ready to pounce on you with his quirk, but luckily, Kirishima was there before the blonde could start a ruckus. "Okay! How about we take a bath at their hot springs?" He recommended, "To cool that hot head of yours." He dragged Bakugou out of his seat.

"What do mean hot head, you shitty hair!" Bakugou complained before he got dragged out of the lunch room.

-*-

It was dawn on day 2 of training camp. Mr. Aizawa awoke and gathered all of the class 1-A outside; some students yawned while others rubbed their eyes.

"Today, we will begin training camp to increase your strength. This summer camp aims to increase everyone's strength and prepare everyone to obtain their provisional licenses." He announced. "It is to prepare you all to face hostilities becoming more real by the minute."

All students became tense at their teacher's last sentence, waking them up instantly from their sleepiness. Mr. Aizawa then threw a ball to Bakugou to test his distance throw, just like on the first day of school.

Bakugou smirked as he yelled out a curse and threw the ball with his quirk. Everyone in the class went in awe as his throw seemed like he's improved, only to be left unexpected when Mr. Aizawa showed a device revealing his ball throw had a shorter distance than before.

"And with that, your summer camp training begins."

Mr. Aizawa leads the class to a more open ground for them to train. He later introduced the rest of the Wild, Wild Pussycats and left them in their care. The members of the Pussycats then grouped the class according to what special training they will have, with each member assigned to supervise per group.

"Ms. [L/N]?" Pixie Bob calls you out, waving her arm for you to come over while she helps Sato and Yao-momo set up for their training.

You jog your way up to her, "Yes, ma'am?" You asked and instinctively helped her deliver a box of pastries to the table they were setting up.

"And ... that's the last one. Thank you, Ms. [L/N]." Pixie Bob dusted off invisible dust from her hands and rested them on the sides of her hip; she then waved off to the two students for them to start their training.

Pixie Bob lay her arm around your shoulders and began guiding you away from the students to a more open space, "Here is your spot and your watch," she said as she showed you the area and put on a digital watch around your wrist.

As the watch automatically detects your heartbeat, you grow confused as "I don't get it. Why would I need to track my heartbeat?" You asked. The first thing you could guess before the blond could answer was cardio. But why, tho?

"I'm glad you asked," Pixie Bob glimmered in excitement. "This watch tracks one of the symptoms of your drawbacks, heart palpitations. Your training aims to conjure 20 full metal weapons at a minimum to improve your endurance of the drawbacks. I watched your performance from the forest and the data in All Might's class; you were holding back and just let your body fall."

Her last sentence hit you hard. You were indeed holding back when using your quirk. When you're feeling a headache, you just let yourself sleep because you are scared of the problematic consequences of the drawback.

Things that are far worse than just headaches and fatigue.