9 | Race

A week has passed in a blink of an eye, and finally, the day of the sports festival arrived.

The class of 1-A is wearing their PE uniforms and currently prepping for the event. As some are sitting down to calm the nerves, while others are stretching their bodies. You stood by the lockers where Ojiro and Mina stood, stretching your legs and arms.

You then raised both of your arms up. A light clink of your necklace was heard, the accessory popped out from the collar of your shirt as you did some side arm stretches.

"Looking at the thing objectively, I'm stronger than you." Todoroki's voice caught your attention, pausing your stretches as you see him talking to Midoriya.

"But All Might has his eyes on you, I'm not trying to pry on that. But I'm going to beat you." Determination filled in his eyes.

Kirishima stood up from his seat to talk some sense into Todoroki, explaining how we, as classmates, shouldn't be rough with each other. But the cold boy pushed him away after saying, "We are not here to make friends. So why does it matter?" Todoroki turned and then walked away from the room.

After a couple seconds of silence, Midoriya started saying how Todoroki is declared as the strongest in the class, how students from other courses are fighting for their spot and adding how he must not fall behind.

"... I'll be going for it with everything I've got." Midoriya finishes, accepting Todoroki's declaration of war.

You stood there and watched as students began to walk out of the waiting room after their banter. Your mind replayed what had happened between Midoriya and Todoroki.

'With everything I've got.' You replayed his words, hands clenching into fists.

-*-

"Welcome audience! To this year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the U.A. sports festival is about to begin!" Present Mic hollered as his face showed in the screen of a giant monitor, hyping up the people in the stadium.

Your legs shiver in nervousness as you hear the roars of the audience. 'So many people.'. Anxiety began to creep inside your head and the games hadn't even started yet.

"It's time for the first-year students to enter the stage!" Present Mic cued, your classmates began to walk through the semi-dark underpass.

You stood still yet again, that was until Jiro's hand grabbed yours and pulled you to move. You stumbled slightly on your feet but were grateful for Jiro to get you out of the trance.

Many people are watching and hollering, the media with their cameras focused on the class exiting from the underpass. You looked ahead, not bothering to look at the large audience.

You held a stoic yet confident expression as you walked over to the large stage at the center of the stadium, just to give you a placebo effect to not tense again. Followed by other courses after yours, Present Mic introduced the classes as they walked over to the center as well.

"Time for the sportsmanship oath!" R-rated Hero, Midnight appeared from the stadium and crackled her whip. You sweatdropped at your umpire for this year.

'Is this legal?'

"Representing the students is Bakugou Katsuki from Class 1-A!" Your eyes widen at Midnight's announcement.

"Eh? Why him?" You mutter to yourself. Jiro, who's standing next to you and still holding your hand, heard you and shortly explained. "He finished first in the entrance exam."

"Oh." You replied, looking back at the stage in front.

Worry began to creep up your skin, worried that Bakugou may (will) say something insulting that will cause a riot.