21 | Balcony

Previously...

"Wow, I haven't said anything yet, and you already assume." He said, a smirk forming on his lips as his eyes looked down on you. You raise an eyebrow in disbelief, but the boy didn't budge as he continued to push your buttons with that smirk of his. Even if there's a wall separating the two of you, he still manages to find an opportunity to get to you. You sighed in defeat; there's no point arguing with him because of what happened at the sports festival.

You remember what Edgeshot lectured you about moral discipline, how to let go of grudges, and forgiving that person, even if it's hard to do so. At least this will be the start of your training.

"Geez, even your smirk reminds me of Mr. Aizawa. Are you Sir Aizawa's secret love child or something?" You joked, completely changing the subject. His once teasing smirk turned into a deadpan look; you began to laugh once you saw the change of his facial expression.

"Why are you suddenly doing this?" He asked, deadpanned.

Little by little, you stop laughing. The boy tore his eyes away from you and gazed at the bustling nightlife, taking a whiff of the cold air as he took a deep breath. "I don't understand you. One moment you got mad and distant because I spoke to you, and now, you just suddenly turned 180°." He ranted, eyes still not maintaining eye contact with yours.

You continue to stare at him, being quiet as you listen to his rant. 'He looks so cool with the wind softly breezing through.' You thought as you stared at the purple-haired boy. 

Waiting for a response after a couple of moments from what seemed like minutes, he noticed the silence, "A-are you in your... time of the month?" He added.

. . .

You blinked in confusion at first but snorted at how he phrased the word 'menstruation', you tried to hold back from teasing him. Unfortunately, the purple-haired boy heard your stifled laughs. Heat began to creep up to his cheeks, and it's not from the cold, as he felt embarrassed to ask that.

"No, I'm not." You manage to reply, finally stopping yourself. Your eyes moved away from him, looking at the view of the city under the night sky too. "It's just-- I don't know--" 

He looks over to you, just from hearing your confusing response. The boy observed your figure closely, how your [H/L] [H/C] hair swayed with the evening breeze and how the [E/C] orbs of those eyes shone brighter with the help of city lights below. He wondered since when you looked so ethereal, or maybe he was so cooped up in winning two weeks ago to notice those beautiful tiny details.

"-- I heard everything you said back at the sports festival. How kids used to bully you back then, calling you a villain. It's just sad, the reality that people judge you from their first impression. I feel like you need someone. Someone to support and will stay by your side, without a care of what you look like."  You then turn your full attention to Shinsou, finding him slightly agape.

"That would be nice." He muttered. His blush deepened in a rosy color; good thing the dimly lit lights covered that. However, you didn't precisely hear what he said—stupid honk from a random car.

"I'm sorry, could you please repeat that?" You politely asked, moving closer to the right edge of the balcony.

"I said --"

A sudden drop of cold water splashes lightly on your cheek, and you avert your attention from Shinsou to wipe the water off your cheek. Moments later, a large but indefinite number of water droplets started pouring down from the cloudy night sky, like various numbers of bullets emptying rapidly from a machine gun. In short, yes, it's raining cats and dogs.